Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blue Screen of Eternity

Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
I'm having issues getting the game to run suddenly. I didn't have an issue until I updated my graphics card driver, which set the resolution of the game back to 800x whatever the second number is. So I went to fix the graphics rule.sgr file and since then, I start the game, but it just goes to the sims 2 blue screen that is completely blank and does nothing (I can move the mouse so it isn't frozen). I removed the cache files, I restored the backup graphics rule file, but it is only doing this. The game ran fine once after updating the graphics driver so I don't think that is the issue.

Anyone know what this is and how to fix it? I also removed the whole sims 2 folder to let a new one regenerate, but it still did it and it only generates the teleport and logs folders, nothing more. I also checked and the folder was set to read only. Is it supposed to be read only? I thought maybe a setting got changed somehow, but I have no idea.

Comments

• Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Found the fix if anyone else is having this issue. You have to run the game in windowed mode and change the resolution (right click the shortcut and click properties, at the end of target, type space -w). Then you can run the game in full screen after that.