Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Immortality Potion Doesn't Work When Changing Household

OfSylvanGladeOfSylvanGlade Posts: 86 Member
Okay, so this is particularly annoying to me. The Immortality trait that you get from a successful Potion of Immortality in RoM is vital in one of my current fantasy saves where I have immortal spellcasters. Prior to RoM coming out I had an Immortality trait mod that I removed because I figured it was no longer necessary. This doesn't seem to be the case, as my 'immortal' sims are still dying of old age when I play a different household. It's like they cease to be immortal when I'm not playing them. I know there are workarounds with MCC and other mods but it's still incredibly irritating to me that this potion isn't doing what it's supposed to do. What gives? Is it just me who hates that? I've made a few Twitter posts about this but the Gurus haven't seemed to notice so far. I'm just hoping this gets patched at some point.

Comments

• Options
    West_WindsWest_Winds Posts: 305 Member
    My immortal sims were doing fine till that last patch. Now mine is aging up like they normally would even when I'm playing them. I think something is broken.
  • Options
    TX12001TX12001 Posts: 46 Member
    Do you ever actually read the trait description?

Immortality prevents death from old age, what part of that implies you gain eternal youth? your sim will still age into an elder as intended, you need to consume potions of rejuvenation every now and again to stay young and it gets better, you need to direct the sims to consume those potions because they will not do it by themselves and if your not currently playing them they may age up on you.
  • Options
    OfSylvanGladeOfSylvanGlade Posts: 86 Member
    TX12001 wrote: »
    Do you ever actually read the trait description?

Immortality prevents death from old age, what part of that implies you gain eternal youth? your sim will still age into an elder as intended, you need to consume potions of rejuvenation every now and again to stay young and it gets better, you need to direct the sims to consume those potions because they will not do it by themselves and if your not currently playing them they may age up on you.

Yes, it is meant to prevent death from old age, and my sim is still dying of old age. The immortality and rejuvenation potions are different, I know that. The Immortality potion is working as intended until I switch households then my sim just dies
  • Options
    CooolMan63CooolMan63 Posts: 16 Member
    I had this happen to me today too! Sad to see that this issue has existed for over a year...
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top