Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you built any club gathering places for your clubs, and if so what clubs did you put there?

SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
I saw an old thread about building places for your clubs to meet, and some of them I thought were really cool. So instead of resurrecting a very old thread, I thought I would create a new one. Where do your groups meet, and have you made special places for them to meet?

I designated the solar flair in OA springs for my Criminal group to meet. I added a card table, and gave them a special outfit to wear. I am thinking of making a rival police club and have them meet there too.

I recently renovated the Karaoke place in the spice district in San Myshuno (Wayside Warble?) to have a scout office and meeting room above the Karaoke Bar with a couple of tables, scout board, lecture stand, fooseball table, don’t wake the Llama game and a few other kids things there. I made a Boy Scout group and a Girl Scout group to hang out there.

What kind of clubs and/or places have you made and/or designated as club hang outs? If you have pictures please share.

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Since meeting in Granite Falls wasn't an option, I made a "campground" for my Llamascout troop. Dug a pond out of debug, set up a fire circle, and created a large "cabin" with a kitchen and showers, along with easels, art desks, a science desk and plenty of tables. It was vaguely (very vaguely) inspired by the campgrounds I used to go to as a girl scout many eons ago.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I recently build an old, empty Factory for the teens club to gather, it is cluttered with stuff teens would bring in like missmatched (old) furniture, also stuff for their entertainment like a dartboard, graffiti and some posters on the walls....it was fun to build and for now the only building I ever made for clubuse only.

I still need something for the coven to gather, it should be in the woods but there aren't many places that would qualify since Granite Falls can't be used...
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    I've built quite a few, but one that comes to mind that I was very fond of is a storage shack on that small lot at the Windenburg ruins. I changed up the Renegades and had it as their hangout. It was a bit rundown, presumably abandoned, and the idea was that they just broke in and made it theirs. It fit them much better than their original location tbh.
  • Options
    Javi182Javi182 Posts: 63 Member
    Not really but now I have an urge to build a secret lair below an average looking house now.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I have a fancy hotel/restaurant in Newcrest. A club of the rich elite meet in a special VIP room in the restaurant, where they can converse and scheme over lunch.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Yes, when Strangerville came out I made a military club for my sim and his coworkers. I created a military base for them to go to and hang out. It's still in my game
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I still have my favourites that I downloaded a long time ago and did slight edits to.

My number one fave is the office complex which has a secret basement for criminals to meet, the ground floor is the chef/mixologist school, 1st floor for painters and artists, 2nd floor for techies and secret agents and the top floor is a standard business office.

I have a separate astronaut control centre and some others too where career groups can meet and skill etc.
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    Yes, when Strangerville came out I made a military club for my sim and his coworkers. I created a military base for them to go to and hang out. It's still in my game

I like this idea a lot. What kind of club behaviors did you have them follow?
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    I recently build an old, empty Factory for the teens club to gather, it is cluttered with stuff teens would bring in like missmatched (old) furniture, also stuff for their entertainment like a dartboard, graffiti and some posters on the walls....it was fun to build and for now the only building I ever made for clubuse only.

I still need something for the coven to gather, it should be in the woods but there aren't many places that would qualify since Granite Falls can't be used...

how about the ruins @RavenSpit
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    aaronrulz wrote: »

yes thats a cool idea
  • Options
    LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    I have a club for misfit teens and I built a run-down abandoned house with a bubble blower and tv and lots of games (darts, arcade machines) and in the backyard, I have some of the folding chairs from OR out in tall overgrown grass.

for my witch coven, I made a forest in Newcrest and added a small shack in the middle with a secret room that serves as their ritual room where the worthy would get their familiar.
  • Options
    Luxury wrote: »
    I have a club for misfit teens and I built a run-down abandoned house with a bubble blower and tv and lots of games (darts, arcade machines) and in the backyard, I have some of the folding chairs from OR out in tall overgrown grass.

for my witch coven, I made a forest in Newcrest and added a small shack in the middle with a secret room that serves as their ritual room where the worthy would get their familiar.
    Luxury wrote: »

your ideas cool to I've never really done much with clubs
  • Options
    OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    I should really build some type of club house/meeting spot I guess, but I usually use it for friendly get-togethers at a sims home.

One of my families is a married couple and the wife has the family-oriented trait, so she has a club that is simply called "Family" and once or twice a week she will start a "meeting" and her children that are grown and no longer live in the same house will show up with their spouses. For the most part they just sit around talking, watching TV, and generally just being nice to each other (those are basically all the rules). Eventually her husband will cook a huge meal and they all sit down to eat.

Another one is my nerdy character who has his friends in the "Friend" club. Once a week or more they show up at his house and play games until the early hours of the next day. Kind of like my old D&D days with my friends before we all grew up and had responsibilities.

Other than that I've had a few exercise clubs for my athlete type characters. Usually it's just going to the gym with them, except for my one rich sim who has enough equipment at his house for everyone to use at once.

I tried making a not so nice biker type club once. The main rules were pretty much to be mean and fight everyone not in the club. But sims are too nice :D They might (really just a might), say one mean thing to another sim then start talking to them like nothing happened.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    No, they usually meet up at the house.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I've decided to let all my clubs die. It bothers me when my sims keep getting the bored moodlet just because they haven't gathered in a while. I find it pressuring. If I want my sims to gather I will just do it. I don't need my sims pressuring me into it. :D
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited February 2020
    I redesigned the entirety Hare Square in Windenburg because it was hopelessly inadequate for the Garden Gnomes, does that count? (Seriously! Club goals are gardening, fishing, and catching frogs, and there's like two planters and no ponds there whatsoever!) On the Gallery here, more images here.

eR22f0Z.png

And it's not my build, but I really dig the Gamer's Club House by MagpieCliff! I think I'm gonna have to start a gaming club just to use it!
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I have a save themed around Teen Wolf and I built a community lot inspired by the loft that Derek lived in (and parties were thrown). It was a fun use of a lot of debug items and it's now a cafe/gym. It's not the only place where The Pack gathers though.

(not the best pic, it was too early in the morning when I had a Sim visit)
    40Ab8ht.png

(better inside glance)
    aZGf4Bp.png

• Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited February 2020
    Frequently! :D

In my current save, I've built several different venues with clubs in mind. All are still a Work-In-Progress because I'm developing them as I go. The first is Scientia Potentia Est.
    v4LXrRv.png
    This is currently the hangout for my robotics club and will also eventually house a club for Scientists. It's got a couple of robotics tables, all the science equipment, computers and archive machines and a cafeteria. It's set as a Museum, which seemed the closest fit. I have used the Science lair lot trait for it, to encourage more science activities.

Next, I've got 'Deep Purple' which is the vampire lounge in Forgotten Hollow.
    8GIYylJ.png
    Still a Work-In-Progress but my rival vampire clubs meet here. It's got the bar, pip organ, microphone and a lot of seating. I'll be adding more so it's still very empty but it's a good start.

I've also got my 'Up The Amp Music Festival Grounds'.
    G8MAbYS.png
    This is currently home to my Philharmonic Society but that is solely because they don't have an opera house yet :D This will eventually be the meeting place for one of my bands, when they've formed <3
    Post edited by MissyHissy on
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    You all have these lovely, realistic builds that I want to use. All I make are dumpy boxes.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited February 2020
    My Cybercafe.
    CosPlaying is a thing in my game and this is where my teens hang out to show off their cosplay outfits that they will wear to GeekCon.11-23-18_10-40-27nbspPM.png

11-23-18_10-46-28nbspPM.png

My child sims also come here for the Void Critters clubs.
    They get to play games and ask the Teenage sims to show them their cosplay outfits.
    11-23-18_10-46-42nbspPM.png

11-23-18_9-16-42nbspAM.png

11-23-18_9-18-48nbspAM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    Yes I made a cyber cafe for my geek sims to go there and play games and socialize and ofc they all go to the GeekCon together. I made a coffe shop with a green house for the ones that love gardening to go there.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    My chef Sim joined the Upper Crusts, but was told he was being inappropriate for cooking on Clara Bjergsen's home lot. Why have a club that involves cooking as one of the activities at a home lot? Anyway, I got him to leave that club, and he set up his own "Tasty Treats" club at a cafe I built in Oasis Springs (he lives in Sulani).
    Then, his wife created an arts club, and they meet at an arts centre I built in Oasis Springs (or is it Willow Creek? They've only met there once haha).
    Their kids have their own imaginatively-titled Kidz Club, but they just meet at their house. They'll age into teens fairly soon, and I might build them a teen hangout, too. One twin is active, and I'll likely give them the bodybuilding (or whatever it is) aspiration and get her to join Powerhouse; the other twin is creative and I think I'll make her a musician, so I'll have to set up a music club.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I made a Science Tower for my Scientist Sims. It's got all the Science equipment and just anything futuristic or sciencey. I'm debating if I want Robotics to be a feature there
  • Options
    RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    I built a roller skating rink. It has tvs, tables, a bar, bubble blowers, dance floors, a popcorn machine, dj booth, and a few other fun things on the main floor then upstairs is a roller rink and an ice skating rink. I love playing there. Its called the Skate Mates Hangout because I made a club for skating, dancing, drinking, eating, and telling jokes.