Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No EPs showing in launcher (SOLVED)

GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
I'm just re-installing all my TS3 games on a new computer via Origin. The EPs and SPs are showing as installed in Origin but not in the launcher. I found a couple of threads about this, which recommended deleting the EP/SP folders in C://Program Files/Origin Games, then reinstalling. Unfortunately, when I try to that I get told I need administrator permission, even though I am the administrator! Is Origin protecting these files somehow? Is there another workaround for this?

Alternatively, is there a way to just copy over the whole game file (not just the docs file) from my old computer, or would that trigger DRM issues? The old installation was working fine. I was pre-1.69 then, so I didn't have to deal with any of this Origin or launcher nonsense.

Edit: Fixed it I think! All I had to do was set my Origin to online rather than offline. I guess this is a way of forcing people to stay online. So this seems to be solved for now. Next up: test the game and install store content!
You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
Post edited by GreenCats on

Comments

• Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    GreenCats wrote: »
    I'm just re-installing all my TS3 games on a new computer via Origin. The EPs and SPs are showing as installed in Origin but not in the launcher.
    That's because after reinstalling (or installing a new EP or SP) you need to launch the game at least once while online so it gets registered on your computer. After that you can use Offline Mode again.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    ScottDemon wrote: »
    That's because after reinstalling (or installing a new EP or SP) you need to launch the game at least once while online so it gets registered on your computer. After that you can use Offline Mode again.
    Good to know--thank you.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com