Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Cars Discussion (A thought)

kendallrankendallran Posts: 125 Member
After playing TS3 and watching YT videos from TS2, I really miss cars! It’s just something I hate about the way sims just disappear off the lot into thin air that drives me away from the game(no pun intended). I try to use bikes every time my sims travel but there’s no “auto use” button, so it becomes tiring. They could work similar almost identical to TS2 cars (which were the best in the franchise obviously), and with the way they’ve made bike animations for bikes I have high hopes they’d do this for cars. I’m praying so hard that the “big announcement” :# and with the way they have every other mode of transportation in the game, and countless vehicle hints in game I don’t see what’s the hold up!

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I would like cars. I think being able to have cars with proper garages/driveways would make me enjoy building homes more.
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    personally i think cars in TS4 would be redundant. the loading screens in the game already do what cars would hypothetically do. i just don't think cars would be a worthwhile addition to TS4, especially since it's not open world
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    alyssa123 wrote: »
    personally i think cars in TS4 would be redundant. the loading screens in the game already do what cars would hypothetically do. i just don't think cars would be a worthwhile addition to TS4, especially since it's not open world
    The Sims 2 has the best cars in the franchise and it still has loading screens. It doesn’t have to be just “Sims get into their car and drive off.” There’s repairing cars, car woohoo, radio, teaching teens to drive, real garages for homes, etc. Heck even TS1 and Freeplay have cars so I don’t see what’s holding TS4 back
  • Options
    kendallran wrote: »
    The Sims 2 has the best cars in the franchise and it still has loading screens. It doesn’t have to be just “Sims gets into their car and drive off.” There’s repairing cars, car woohoo, radio, teaching teens to drive, real garages for homes, etc. Heck even TS1 and Freeplay have cars so I don’t see what’s holding TS4 back

like i said, i think they'e redundant. the game works fine without them. there are way more important things that need to be addressed in the game in my opinion, but to each their own
  • Options
    TX12001TX12001 Posts: 46 Member
    How will you have cars in places like San Myshuno, no room for a garage or places like Sulani which have no room for a Garage, hell where exactly will you drive a car to? the edge of the neighbourhood cause unlike the bikes they cannot maneuver through tight corners or in interiors.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I know there are people who want them really bad, so I'd like them to come in a pack so I don't have to use them. I actually really like the worlds without cars.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    TX12001 wrote: »
    How will you have cars in places like San Myshuno, no room for a garage or places like Sulani which have no room for a Garage, hell where exactly will you drive a car to? the edge of the neighbourhood cause unlike the bikes they cannot maneuver through tight corners or in interiors.
    Cars would obviously be placed in your inventory the same way boats and bikes are. The Spice district for example (since it wouldn’t support garages) they can appear from your inventory and they’d drive off into a loading screen the same way they did in 2. The same thing they did with open water they’d have to make more worlds in the future that’s functional with cars in all areas. And cars are optional so you can still use the phone 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    I don't care too much about cars in general, but I'd still like to have them in the game. A lot of people have been asking for cars, and I wouldn't mind them for the sake of realism, especially in terms of the family homes I build. If repairing cars was also implemented I'd be pleased as I've had some sims who could fit the type to care and invest a lot of time on their cars. It would just add something to the game and that's always welcome, big or small, but if we don't get them I'll live.
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    I know there are people who want them really bad, so I'd like them to come in a pack so I don't have to use them. I actually really like the worlds without cars.

i agree. that way everyone gets what they want. people who want cars in game can have them and people who don't can choose not to. it's a compromise
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    kendallran wrote: »
    The Sims 2 has the best cars in the franchise and it still has loading screens. It doesn’t have to be just “Sims gets into their car and drive off.” There’s repairing cars, car woohoo, radio, teaching teens to drive, real garages for homes, etc. Heck even TS1 and Freeplay have cars so I don’t see what’s holding TS4 back

like i said, i think they'e redundant. the game works fine without them. there are way more important things that need to be addressed in the game in my opinion, but to each their own

Yes, they are functionally redundant. There’s no arguing that.

But for me they go a long way towards immersion. Just pulling out of the driveway and disappearing down the street in a car is preferable to sims walking everywhere. And having cars in the driveway just feels right.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited December 2019
    I would really like to have cars too, while we already have fast travel I guess they could add bonuses if you use a car, like adding options to stop at a rest stop to fill your hunger or other needs.

There are also a lot of gameplay mechanics they could add, like having a car condition and being able to fix it with a new skill or pay for repairs, buy used cars with lower conditions and be able to fix a car and sell it for more money, fuel economy, customization and upgrades and maybe even racing as rabbit holes.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    This. Also it would feel more realistic!
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I would like cars. I think being able to have cars with proper garages/driveways would make me enjoy building homes more.

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Why do people who don't care about cars even come into a discussion about cars? If you don't want your sims to use them, then don't get them a car.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I did like how cars were in S2. Si ce there was actual animations of them pulling in and backing out of yhe driveway. They just lazily ported themselves into the car.

Though majority of worlds dont have a road next to a sims home so I wonder how that would work.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I see no added value to the game if cars are added. They would disappear at the edge of the lot similar to how the sim does, and that is NOT realistic.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'm not sure if it's possible without a major overhaul, but one way cars might be more than decorative is if the loading screen - when using a car to travel - was your chosen car driving back and forth across the screen. You wouldn't see your sim, though, for two reasons
    1) Adding the sim is likely asking for a loading screen before a loading screen so that all relevant assets could be transposed to the traveling screen.
    2) Without a clear view of the front seat, they don't have to choose if your sim drives on the left side or the right.
  • Options
    sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    edited December 2019
    I do miss the cars, even though I'll be the first to admit that they didn't really do a lot. Cassandra Goth had that Maxis CC Ford Mustang in TS2, because she would drive one. The Newsons took turns restoring the junky old Charger, because half the family had the Tinkering hobby. Remember the Carpool, which would feature the junky eco car when your Sim was working an entry level job, and gradually work its way up to a helicopter when your Sims were promoted to the top of the career? The animation for a family going on vacation was the best.

BMMexn.png

Sims2: The Death of Darren Dreame

The bikes are a step in the right direction, but they have a lot of bugs that need to be fixed. Carpools need to come back. The game is missing delivery drones. It's 2019. People do use them in real life.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Why do people who don't care about cars even come into a discussion about cars? If you don't want your sims to use them, then don't get them a car.

If they are putting time into cars it means they are not putting time into something else.

Sims 4 doesn't give us what we got in past versions, otherwise my fairy would be driving around in a houseboat. In a world where we vote on stuff packs, it makes sense to comment on these "we want" threads if we don't need or want something.

Plus if they release Cars in a stuff pack along with items we do want we will get stuck with cars in order to get the other goodies in the pack. That is just how it works.

Not trying to be mean by commenting, I wish you could have cars that don't impact the rest of us, but this sadly isn't very likely.

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Redundant or not, I want them.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I like the idea of cars and while we are at it make the Riverboat and Tram in Willow Springs as a form of transportation. I would like to be able to see my Sims and their children get on the tram and go to work, school, or to a friends house in WS. When I played S2 and S3, it depended on the storyline if my sim would have a car, motocycle or just a bike. I like the carpools and the buses for school it just adds another layer to gameplay. You don't have to buy the car if you did not want one.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Worlds are a little too small for cars/motorbikes as drivable but nothing saying they can't be a decoration along with all car/bike related things including dedicated garage and space for all that stuff. Complete houses with such spaces for vehicles would be ideal and allow simmers to reconfigure and make space for such things.

Cars and bikes could also come as optional handiness skill training devices as well as long as you got the decorative tools to use. This way your sims can at least tinker with the machines and gain haniness skills which are usually devoid unless something breaks down or unless you got a workbench around.