Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shower-Bathtub hybrids don't work with the latest patch

I noticed that shower bathtub hybrids don't work since the latest patch, as sims shower forever and the hygiene need doesn't fill up while using them. Regular showers still work as intended though.
Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Aw come on
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I wish I would've seen this before I updated my game. Pretty much all of my houses use those showers.
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I was having this problem even yesterday. I had to send my sims to shower 2 or 3 times before their hygiene bar was maxed.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Oh no. 😟 The combos are my favorite to use.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    When my sims take a bath instead in the combo they get the need filled so just the shower part is broken
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Well, at least we can still bathe the toddlers. The past few patches and updates haven't been very nice to the little ones.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    LittleMsSam released a hotfix for the shower issue as part of her Random Bug Fixes mods, so there’s that at least.
  • Options
    PurpleNightOwlPurpleNightOwl Posts: 205 Member
    edited December 2019
    I've got this issue as well. It's annoying, but hopefully it'll be fixed soon. Meanwhile, with my shower/bathtubs, I'm having my Sims have baths instead of showers as a way to work around it until it gets fixed.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Just a heads up LittleMsSam has a fix.
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/
    Added “Showertub Fix” so Hygiene should fill up again when showering (was messed up with Patch 1.59)
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175412067973/random-bug-fixes-a-collection-of-random-small-bug
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Now they need to solve dog's hunger bug and stuff used for fertilising plants remains in inventory bug.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I'm so happy that they got the bath/shower to work like the Spa Day bathtubs, it was years over due.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Good thing I don't use those hybrid showers!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Just a heads up LittleMsSam has a fix.
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/
    Added “Showertub Fix” so Hygiene should fill up again when showering (was messed up with Patch 1.59)
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175412067973/random-bug-fixes-a-collection-of-random-small-bug

Thank you for the link. I found the fix. B)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    ftrodrigues1ftrodrigues1 Posts: 6 New Member
    On the topic of features butchered by the latest patch, can anyone confirm with those are broken as well? They stopped working properly on my game.

1 - Navigating through recolors/swatches using +/- on build mode. Now it randomly moves along swatches instead of following the correct order. It's super annoying, I can't go back to the previous swatch if I accidentaly passed through it. The game takes me to a random swatch instead.

2 - Free movement using Moschino tripod. For anyone familiar with how the tripod used to work, is it working the same for you? Movements are restricted now for me, I can't freely use camera navigation, the angle is fixed and only lets me to pitch up, down and around a sim. That's not how they advertised nor how it worked before the patch.

Sorry for using this thread, but I can't open a new one yet.

Other than that, this patch was brutal. I know the devteam meant well, but they really shouldn't drop such a huge patch and then take their Christmas vacations. In adition to the smaller above annoyances and more well known ones like maids making time go crazy, Get Famous and Discover University are useless for me right now, which sucks since I just started playing with them.
  • Options
    Can anyone confirm one way or another if the tripod camera is working 'as advertised' in the Moschino stuff pack? I was going to buy it in my bundle just for the camera features itself. I love taking photo's in-game. It's better than screenshots in that you can put them up on the walls in your Sim's home. Also (I haven't tested this yet) I was thinking of taking a photo then getting a master painter Sim to paint the photo. See how that turns out. That way setup photo's converted to paintings could be painting masterpieces of captures of your own Sim's growing up. :)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    @Admiral8Q It's not like you can't take pictures with it, that feature still works fine for me. Posing, taking the pictures and then framing.

However, before, the camera was unlocked so you could use really cool angles wich not only looked good, but also allowed for hiding parts of the room/set which weren't meant to be on the picture. Now the camera is locked in a fix spot and only allows you to spin around a sim or point up and down. That kinda defeats the purpose for me. Taking shots of kids are ruined, you can only picture them *from above*, not from their own level like you could before, so now you can expect to see the flooring of the set on the picture, for example. And depending on your placement, reeeeally zooming into the sim is the only way to hide sets, since you can't use free angle to cover them anymore.

That stopped working for me with the patch, but I don't see anybody taking about it. I don't know if that's because it's not broken and my game is acting up or if because nobody cares about that system enough to actually bother with this change.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I noticed the tub/shower issue. Hopefully that, the sick pets during rotational play and any camera issues are fixed soon.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    JAYSIMMS2004JAYSIMMS2004 Posts: 31 Member
    Just saw that in my game. But I didn't have the combo. I had the shower by itself and my sim self would use it and take FOREVER and the hygiene bar would not fill. I had to delete the shower and just use the tub.
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    Luckily I never use the combos and glitches are a main reason why I would rather have freebies then fixes as the fixes almost always seem to cause a glitch somewhere else in the game and it's like a never ending circle..
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Taking shots of kids are ruined, you can only picture them *from above*, not from their own level

That's what I was hoping for actually. Moving the camera up and down while pointed straight ahead. Or even moving it down to floor level looking up on an angle for more interesting perspective photo shots.
    You can do that with "Shift" + "Tab" to get a perspective from a Sim at their eye-level for screen-shots, but it's really warped and weird looking.

---

As for the Bathtub/Shower. I recommend the fix mod by LittleMsSam. She also added that you can take quick showers and quick baths which is really handy. As an optional add-on you can have them go back to their regular clothing after exiting the shower or bath instead of the towel.

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    > @Admiral8Q said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > That's what I was hoping for actually. Moving the camera up and down while pointed straight ahead. Or even moving it down to floor level looking up on an angle for more interesting perspective photo shots.
    >

That's what stopped working. The camera is now locked on the tripod. You can zoom in, zoom out and around, but always fixed from where the camera/tripod is.