Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"The Wizarding World" Custom World Mod

ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
edited December 2019 in Gameplay Mods
Hey guys figured this would be a good place to share my new mod. Its my first one ever so I'm pretty proud of it.
It changes the text within the Realm of Magic gamepack to fit more of a Harry Potter theme for fans of the series. The Magic Realm got turned in to The Wizarding World, Magic HQ in to Hogwarts, Spellcasters are now Wizards and Sages are now Professors, also non-spellcasters are referred to as Muggles. I changed all mentions of these and some other things throughout all text so not even a single word of EAs wording can be found throughout progression.

There is also an optional addon that does the same thing with the new Discover University world. The world itself is Hogwarts instead of Britechester. The town between the two universities is now called Hogsmeade. University of Britechester is now called Hogwarts School of Magic (Witchcraft and Wizardry got sacrificed in the name of character length) and Foxbury is now Beauxbatons Academy.

I wanted to host it on SimFileShare but I guess thats invitation only or a long process to wait to sign up so I just put it on Patreon cause its easy. Its completely free you don't have to support to get it.

Anyway, you can read about it more on my Tumblr and see some example screenshots here
My speculations on hints for future content:
-Cars Update
-Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
-Hotel Pack
-Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
-Bands Pack
-Royalty Pack
-Fashion Design Pack
-Fairies Pack
-Werewolf Pack
-France-inspired World

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'm playing with the children of the HP characters at university at the moment so I could see myself using something like this in the future :) Especially if one day they can study magic at university.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I'm playing with the children of the HP characters at university at the moment so I could see myself using something like this in the future :) Especially if one day they can study magic at university.

I'm poking around the tuning files and watching some tutorials. That usually turns in to me figuring it out lol right now I have some other custom worlds I want to do first for other saves but while I'm doing that I'm sure I'll have my "aha!" moment lol
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'm going to watch this thread for further updates :) My sims are 3/4 of the way through their degrees so I can't switch them into a new world now.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.