Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Countryside Living - Pack Idea

So, Uni is out and now it's time for "wHEre Is FARminGGgG" and "OMG WE DON'T WANT THIS WE WANT FARMING!!!" being spammed on every single piece of sims content out! Hooray!!! (Nah I'm just kidding!)

But seriously, I really want a farming or countryside lifestyle pack and I know many others do too so I decided to just throw my ideas out into a post and see if people agree, also enjoy my mediocre attempt at a fan-cover. Lm0HO9X.png

(I traced a sims horse, and drew it myself. I know it's pretty bad haha I'm not great at realism)

NEW WORLD

INSERTFARMYSOUNDINGWORLDNAMELATER - INSERTFARMYSOUNDINGWORLDNAMELATER Is a countryside. I imagine it'd be like Granite Falls or Glimmerbrook in the sense that there would be no fake buildings around (Except maybe a barn or two.) but with way less trees. (Way less, I'm talking about pretty much a bland field.) I think this could be a great world for builders as you wouldn't have to make your buildings look like the ones in the background and it'd be much easier to express your creativity with no issues of it looking out of place. I'm thinking a big world, but with only 1 or 2 pre-built houses, maybe a pre-made farm or shop as well. Rest would just be big empty lots.

NEW LOT TYPES:

Market //Food Store - A big market or a grocery shop where you can sell your goods you produce in your farm. You can of course also just buy from there whether you own a farm or not.

Farms and Barns - Could be a tied together lot type, or two separate ones. You could start with a small barn, can house a horse and a few farm animals. plus a field where you can grow hmmm... maybe 10-20 crops? then when you get more money, you can upgrade it into a bigger barn with more crops! there would probably be about 2-3 upgrades. Also a star system like there was in the Restaurants and Vets! (Oh, and this would obviously be a business lot.)

NEW ANIMALS:

Horses
- The main reason a lot of people want this pack, Horses!! Horses... are well horses and would probably work the same as they did in TS3 but most likely non-controllable like the cats and dogs in... cats and dogs.

Farm Animals (Cows, Pigs, Sheep, Chickens and more!) - Again, self explanatory. You could buy these animals, milk the cows, receive eggs, and maybe even breed them! I doubt you would be able to uh... turn them into meat but maybe you could send them off to have that be done? (Idk if Sims would include that though.)

NEW TRAITS AND ASPIRATIONS

Vegan Trait - I know that we may be getting a self-care stuff pack with this trait. But if that doesn't win the poll we could always get it in this pack.

Horse Lover - Self-explanatory. Happy moodlet when riding horses, easier to control and ride them. Things like that.

One with nature (Aspiration Reward Trait) - A bit like the loves outdoors trait, but just more about the whole farming lifestyle. Happy moodlets when spending time with farm animals/horses or harvesting crops. Sad moodlets when far away from the countryside for long amounts of time or when staying in places like cities for too long... stuff like that. Also maybe it boosts your performance in running a farm and you can sell produce for much larger amounts of money. Plus maybe you can connect with farm animals better.

Best Farmer in Town (Aspiration) - An aspiration where the goal is to be well... the best farmer in town!
Milestones: (btw, I know that this is a pretty boring aspiration where the goals are just to have sold a bunch of stuff or have gathered a certain amount... I was kinda out of ideas for this. I'll probably update it when I have more ideas, feel free to add your own in the comments not just for the aspirations but for the whole pack!!)

1 - Rookie Farmer

Own a farm.
Own 2 or more farm animals.
Have harvested 20 crops.

2 - Getting A Grasp

Have sold 400 or more in produce or animal goods.
Own a 3 star farm.
Have harvested 50 crops.

3 - Advanced Farmer

Own a 5 star farm.
Have sold 1000 or more in produce or animal goods.
Have best upgrade of farm.
Have harvested 100 crops.

Raise Farm Animals (Aspiration) - An aspiration where the goal is to raise a bunch of farm animals and be the best chicken mother out there! I lost all creativity during this one, also you may be asking "Whats the point of having a farm animal aspiration?? why not bunch it in with the best farmer in town?" I assume for this pack they'd bring another animal related aspiration, why you may also ask? It's because they have a category for "Animals" in the aspirations tab. I don't understand why they'd make that category and use it once unless they were planning to create more animal related ones. Also idk what I was doing with the milestone names lol

Milestones:

1 - Milking the cows
Own 2 or more farm animals.
Milk a cow.
Have sold 100 in animal produce.

2 - Stop Horsing around!
Own 5 or more farm animals.
Own a horse.
Have sold 500 or more in animal produce.

3 - Best chicken parent in the world
Own 10 or more farm animals.
Have sold 1000 or more in animal produce.
Breed 2 pairs of farm animals.

SKILLS AND ACTIVITIES

Horse Riding - A skill for horse riding. Become better at horse riding the more you improve it... obviously. Also controlling your horse and stopping it from being disobedient becomes much easier.

Knitting or Crochet - A crochet or knitting skill. ability to knit or crochet rugs and blankets and maybe pet clothes! sell your creations out on the street or to retail businesses.

Jam making, Sauce making etc etc - I saw someone mention this a while back on some other thread about future expansion packs/farming. I thought I'd include since it's a cool concept.

In general, just fun things to do on the countryside and farm. Also, children could do chores and earn a bit of pocket money from doing so! (They could finally add personal bank accounts!)

CAS

Horse riding outfits, Helmets, and more.

Lumberjack like clothing.

Old, Dirty Peasant clothing (Could be great for rags to riches!)

More to be added soon!

BUILD / BUY

Hay bales and hay piles. Kids and toddlers could play in it, Adults can wOoHoO in them. Pets could also maybe play around in them
Rustic furniture (More like some of the stuff we got in outdoor retreat)
Sleeping Bags
More to be added soon!

What do you guys think about a farming Pack? Feel free to leave suggestions and talk about it in the comments! If I see ideas I like I might put them onto here.

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited November 2019
    For me a farming Pack looks like the Vineyards of Tuscany.

New Crops:
    Wheat
    Corn
    Pumpkin
    Peanut

Basically I want the whole process of owning and working a winery and a brewery. and I think there should be an option of doing it Traditionally, or using Industrialized methods.

Growing & Harvesting the Grapes
    Now here is a neat chart
    How-much-wine-is-in-there.jpg?14748752175829130865

So Mass production of Crops. Basically I want to have a reason to have my sim have hundreds of Grapes in their inventory. Harvesting 30 Vines of grapes and putting that quantity into the Grape Treader, then processing it for pressing. You would get a Barrel of Wine. Storing that barrel away in an undercroft or something for Aging.
    wine-storage-sonoma-county.jpg
    (These barrels should have taps too Just saying)

Now, it takes 2-15 years for wine to age well. Sims don't have that kind of time and more importantly, We don't have that kind of time.
    So I think wine should age from Normal Quality to Perfect Quality in the span of 1 Sim year, pending on how the player's Seasons are set up and if they have aging on. So if you barrel wine, on the first day of Spring, in sim time, that wine should be perfect quality by next spring, and can spoil if it says another year after.

Almost Same thing for beer almost, harvesting wheat, from processing it, to barreling/bottling.

Player should be able to name their wine and beer, and sell it in Retail or Restaurants if they Have Get to Work or Dine Out respectively.

I'm on board with Jam making, and Peanut Butter Making. I eat Peanut butter with almost everything. So It would be a dream if my simself could eat peanut butter with his food too.

I think you can expand on the aspiration.
    sort of by "Unlocking/purchasing" plots of land to expand your farm, and even still to harvest even hundreds of crops, before you even reach a Milestone would be more rewarding than harvesting a mere 50 crops.

Ultimately, Bulls & Cows, Hogs & Pigs, and Roosters & Hens are all I care about. Personally, they'd be pets in my care. maybe even Familiars if the player has Realm of Magic.

Basically I'm going about this from the wealthy Perspective, across two of my Saves.

In Save One, is my Medieval Kingdom, and the House of Hoggarth, controls the farmlands, they are a Family of Knights, Farmers, and the best Cooks/Bakers/Mixologists, in the Kingdom.

In the other Save, Is my "modern" City, and the House of Bourbon, is an Franco-Irish family, of farmers. Their main focus will be the winery, when the Farm is in good shape.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited November 2019
    I agree, Nectar making (wine making) should definitely be part of a Farming expansion! Otherwise I‘ll be disappointed! We need something to do with those crops.

And it should be more challenging, e.g. requiring more harvestables to craft a bottle like 10-15 not just 2-4

latest?cb=20120212072002
    Also you have the choice to either craft a bottle or a barrel. A barrel will contain more nectar, but also requires more harvestables.

Nectar (wine) will become more valuable once you store it in your cellar after some time. Also Sims will be able to drink their own nectar they produced by serving a plate of nectar glasses when opening a bottle.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    RaichisimsRaichisims Posts: 61 Member
    I would love this too <3
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    If we get a farming pack I want to be able to feed wild ducks,geese,pigeons etc. I'd also love a watermill.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    If we get a farming pack I want to be able to feed wild ducks,geese,pigeons etc. I'd also love a watermill.

A watermill would be lovely. I would love old school stuff like butter churners too. We could also get sap off trees to make our own maple syrup. We could have new dances like country line dancing.
  • Options
    aamaya31aamaya31 Posts: 39 Member
    All of this sounds great. Throw in a horse riding ring, barrel racing, chores to feed the animals, barn cats, and rats in the barn that the cats can chase off....whoops the goat and the alpaca got out of their pens again.....
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I so miss Sims 3 Pets & World Adventures.
  • Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    I love your ideas so much! Specially the aspirations and the horse lover trait ♡ Totally necessary.

I imagine the world exactly as you did. Maybe one or two pre made families, and a little empty pre build farm to start... and the rest, just big empty lots with lot of empty fields around them. Imagine the beautiful landscapes. The big meadows at sunsets 😍 It would be so beautiful.

I am a big 'happy family' lover, and 'family oriented' simmer haha and I just can't hold on the cuteness over toddlers holding little baby chickens or baby ducks... while their bigger sibblings could go get the eggs for breakfast... Kids could bottle feed baby cows and brush horses, and help their parents in all kind of farm related task like that. Teens could enter riding competitions maybe, with their first horse. Meanwhile, grannies could help at gardering, prepare natural juices and jam, and special pie recipies. ♡ (I kinda imagine kleptomanics sims stealing pies from windows haha)

If we could get a town-like world, I would love to have my kids running around and scaring their friends with local leyends, such as the enchanted scarecrow or telling the tale of the great pumpkin.
    If we get new harvestables, I would absolutely expect pumpkins.

It would be such a fun pack ♡ I really hope we'll get it.
  • Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    [quote="alan650111;c-17325622"][quote="catloverplayer;c-17321190"]If we get a farming pack I want to be able to feed wild ducks,geese,pigeons etc. I'd also love a watermill.[/quote]

A watermill would be lovely. I would love old school stuff like butter churners too. We could also get sap off trees to make our own maple syrup. We could have new dances like country line dancing. [/quote]

Maple syrup sounds just perfect. ♡ Maple syrup + seasons, perfection!
  • Options
    lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    I had thought about farms sims too....would be awesome...
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    We will also need to have hired hands that would come in daily and chores would be assigned. They could live off the farm or in a tiny house on the edge of the farm. If we get cows we will also need to get corn for feed and fields for hay.
    Laugh out loud. Often