Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worlds Not Uploading?

AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 3,293 New Member
Hey Folks,

This morning i sucressuly uploading a world onto the exchange, but my second world a small Snow town as not been able to upload all day and stops at about 75%.

Anyone else with this issue?

Comments

• Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 3,293 New Member
    edited December 2009
    how do you upload/use lots in game?
  • Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 247 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Same issue here. My upload stops at about 85%. I heard that the launcher times out uploads after 100 secs, so I guess that's why. if only I had another 60 secs, my worlds could upload. Dang!
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 441 New Member
    edited December 2009
    same thing happens to me on my 1024x1024 map.
  • Options
    simsAsyrafsimsAsyraf Posts: 262 Member
    edited December 2009
    Same here.
  • Options
    judithmgallowayjudithmgalloway Posts: 104 Member
    edited December 2009
    Same for me. 1024x1024 map, approx 14mb file. Haven't been able to upload it all morning. :cry:
  • Options
    stephlovessyoustephlovessyou Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2009
    EA can't seem to do anything right.
  • Options
    SimLogic51SimLogic51 Posts: 359 Member
    edited December 2009
    I can't Edit in Game. It Stops Responding (but the game runs great w/o CAW - EIG
  • Options
    2003_ram2003_ram Posts: 1
    edited December 2009
    Same thing here
  • Options
    judithmgallowayjudithmgalloway Posts: 104 Member
    edited December 2009
    Bumping because after 24 hours of trying, I still can't upload any of my worlds. Upload stops at about 75% every time and with every world regardless of size. EA server problem?

If it's true about the 100 second time-out, then the time-out needs to be increased to take into account CAW.

Btw, I'm on 8mbs ADSL, which should easily cope with a speedy upload.

:(
  • Options
    Spencer6165Spencer6165 Posts: 18 Member
    edited December 2009
    Bump

Same problem for me :(
  • Options
    MitchBurns09MitchBurns09 Posts: 3
    edited January 2010
    Same here world is around 15mb couple of new textures mostly finished apart from fine-tuning roads using ingame now with no issues. Maybe like so many things ea forgot to tell us that the beta versions dont save properly or something or because its beta, its not fully functional, (to share) not just to create.
  • Options
    MitchBurns09MitchBurns09 Posts: 3
    edited January 2010
    Same here world is around 15mb couple of new textures mostly finished apart from fine-tuning roads using ingame now with no issues. Maybe like so many things ea forgot to tell us that the beta versions dont save properly or something or because its beta, its not fully functional, (to share) not just to create.

SAME HERE judithmgalloway
    75% sometimes even less
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited January 2010
    I cannot upload my world either. It's 36Mb. When hovering over the red cross, the tooltip tells me there was a network error, and try later.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,698 Member
    edited January 2010
    I read it depends on your internet connection. The larger world the faster connection is needed. Keep in mind that upload speed is normally way less than download speed.

Someone posted a good way to check what yiur connection can handle:

Run a speed test at www.speedtest.net (click "begin test" not the "Free scan" ad.

Then calculate as follows:
    Your file size, divided with your upload speed, multiplied with 8. If the result is more than 100 your file is too big for your upload speed.

Examples:
    22 (file size) / 0,8 (speed) * 8 = 220 (no chance)
    12 (file size) / 0,9 (speed) * 8 = 107 (still in trouble)
    12 (file size) / 1,0 (speed) * 8 = 96 (yay!)

This explains why there are mostly extremely small or unplayable worlds on the exchange, ppl can simply not upload their good work. Use a filesharing service instead, and register with the sticky World Index thread to allow other simmers to find your world.

Hope this helped.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited January 2010
    They simply need to fix this. There should be a thread that asks them to fix it and it should be bumped every time it falls off the front page until they get the message.

I'm simply baffled that they haven't been able to work this out, this should have been fixed within the first day or two after CAW was released and people wrote threads about the situation. My guess is that the "simgurus" may not even know who to notify about the situation if they even wanted to.

I still can't upload any of my worlds to the exchange they just bomb out after about 50 to 80%. My upload stream is obviously much lower than my download but there is little I can do about that, and being that I'm on super cable for my internet connection it is not something that is going to be fixed on our end, they simply have to change the timeout for uploads. If they were using PHP for their exchange pages I could easily advise them what to do to fix it, but I suspect they are using something else, perhaps asp or the like.
  • Options
    Gaz121PGaz121P Posts: 47 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Same problem for me :( bit gutted but at least i get to use it for my self haha thats the main thing! They definetly need to fix this! Also the CAW dosnt suit my driver i was told by one of the support team, so i had to deal with it crashing and restarting my computer like every 5 minutes. There are a few things that need to be dealt with lets just hope they are.
  • Options
    water_cat1water_cat1 Posts: 751 New Member
    edited February 2010
    outlaw mad a thread saying 'petition to make EA fix the uploading of worlds' and simguru hydra posted asking for info. people stated what size they were trying, i added something someone else had said, about the laucncher timing out after 100 seconds, which has been tested by some other people. hydra also sked for a screenshot which i provided.