Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermaids Swimming Question

So I finally have a mermaid but the most annoying part is she swims....EVERYWHERE! I got her a Jet ski and made it her preferred water vehicle but she still swims everywhere...I can understand a short swim between islands but she goes long distances and by the time she arrives at her destinations she is exhausted and starving. Is there anyway to make is so she always takes the Jet ski?

Also townie mermaids don't have their scales or tails...don't know how to fix it.
angrycat.gif

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited November 2019
    Mermaids swim. Everywhere. Very annoying.

Once I had one take a boat - I was so surprised - and delighted. Until he arrived at his destination and swam all the way back to the start of his journey and then returned to the destination also swimming.

This tutorial will show you how to fix missing mermaid scales without using mods.

https://youtu.be/0fOyiUBcRv4

If you have Master controller from NRAAS you can click on the mermaid and choose Intermediate. Remove Occult Mermaid. Then Add Occult Mermaid.

To change the scale colour using Master Controller click on the mermaid and choose Basic and change mermaid scales. Or something similar. I can't remember the exact wording of the mod at the moment.

The video will show you how the scale colours work and also gives the original scale colours for Salty, Triton, Maya and Mia.

EDIT: Female mermaids default to purple scales, Males get pale blue and toddler females get pink and toddler males get yellow scales. So there isn't much variety in scale colours by default.

This shows the orignial scale colours for the four mermaids that came with Island Paradise.

MermaidsFromIP001.jpg
  • Options
    Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    Thank you @Karritz
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @Karritz Best tutorial video ever! :star: Many of us thank you for that. <3

@Summerbear5 One thing you could do is type in the cheat code testingcheatsenabled true and then ctrl-shift click on where you want to go and click "Teleport me here" and your sim will port to that spot. That's an easy way to avoid all the swimming for them to get somewhere. :blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg