Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim keeps canceling what I tell him to do and wants to go home!

Okay. I joined the Investigator career. And, I got this one case were I have to dust for prints. But to do so I have to break into this guys house (I believe his name is Millionaire or something money related. There are 3 people that live there).

So I wait until everyone's out then go to break in.

But once I do break in my sim starts canceling everything I tell him to do and makes an action to go home. Even to the point where he teleports out of the lot of the house I broke into! ( I'm not using cheats or have the teleporter reward).

I have no idea WHAT'S going on! It's only happening with this one case and this one house.

Oddly enough when I tried to break in when someone was there, (promptly getting kicked out) he did not do anything like this.

If it matters, I'm playing in the pets town.

This isn't the first time it's bugged out with teleporting. One time I was riding a horse and it randomly teleported me off of it. This only happened once tho.

Comments

• Options
    mr_matt_simmr_matt_sim Posts: 73
    edited November 2011
    That's weird in 2 ways:1 is how the heck can they teleport without the lifetime reward?!2 is that you probably have a bug in your game but for some reason my sim also teleported too!What is up with that!!!
  • Options
    Patient4478Patient4478 Posts: 28
    edited November 2011
    OlimarXrb wrote:
    Okay. I joined the Investigator career. And, I got this one case were I have to dust for prints. But to do so I have to break into this guys house (I believe his name is Millionaire or something money related. There are 3 people that live there).

So I wait until everyone's out then go to break in.

But once I do break in my sim starts canceling everything I tell him to do and makes an action to go home. Even to the point where he teleports out of the lot of the house I broke into! ( I'm not using cheats or have the teleporter reward).

I have no idea WHAT'S going on! It's only happening with this one case and this one house.

Oddly enough when I tried to break in when someone was there, (promptly getting kicked out) he did not do anything like this.

If it matters, I'm playing in the pets town.

This isn't the first time it's bugged out with teleporting. One time I was riding a horse and it randomly teleported me off of it. This only happened once tho.

I also have this problem! It happens everytime I break into another sims home, but as I remember it it hasn't before. And all the times it has happened I have been in Appaloosa Plains, so I wonder if it's just some bug that came with pets..
  • Options
    lolakatielolakatie Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    I'm playing an investigator in Twinbrook and it keeps happening to me, too.
  • Options
    HaydenTheGreatHaydenTheGreat Posts: 262
    edited July 2012
    Go into options and turnoff free will.
  • Options
    pwilliams642pwilliams642 Posts: 190 Member
    edited July 2012
    That's weird in 2 ways:1 is how the heck can they teleport without the lifetime reward?!2 is that you probably have a bug in your game but for some reason my sim also teleported too!What is up with that!!!

Ther was (still is ?) a similar bug when fishing. seems that if the sim has 'seeds' in inventory the sim is 'teleported' home
  • Options
    CilaaaaaaaCilaaaaaaa Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    Did anyone find a solution to this? Its happening to me and is SO annoying. I'm playing in Hidden Springs, don't even have Pets installed. ):
  • Options
    Bieleber_4evBieleber_4ev Posts: 3
    edited September 2012
    I so know how you feel! Its SO FRUSTRATING!! I might just take he rout and make her join the daycare career for goodness sake :/ :x :x :x And also, it keep saying on my lifetime wish that I havnt solved any cases, it says 0/35 and I have! :x :cry:
  • Options
    theneccothenecco Posts: 61 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Shift+Control+C

then type

/resetsim *

or

/resetsim <Name (first and last)>
  • Options
    Hodges2Hodges2 Posts: 1 New Member
    I enabled cheats then shift clicked on the lot and entered build mode and if you move the furniture that your trying to dust for prints outside then it wont happen
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top