Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Law Career, what are you doing with it?

See, I went Lawyer with this sim, and you can actually get clients and it will increase your hourly wage by some simoleons... and that gave me this idea!

I'm going to setup a Law Firm, have as many roomies as I can place and pretend they're employees, and build a proper Law firm on probably a Penthouse Lot.

Motto; One Client a Day keeps the Repo-man away.
Gives you a sense of steady growth and security, don't you think? Anyway...

What are you doing with your career? :)
You're Breathtaking!

Comments

• Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    XmL0CB7.png

It's starting to take shape, the first "offices", 2 more employees to go and also some more income because I can't afford to finish it all just yet lol. This is more fun than I imagined!
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    That is so awesome! I am glad you can actually get clients with it. I have one sim named Preston Cooper who has 4 more classes until he graduates and a lawyer is what I want him to be. You are making me excited for when I get to his career! :)
  • Options
    Phew, I had 6 roomies at first but it got a bit crowded because I forgot they tend to invite friends over, so cut it down to 3 and this is better. It's so nice to have a place that is alive yet you don't have to control any of them :D I love that. Almost a shame we can't rent out rooms during daytime only like a sort of business incubator.

Instead of roomies that live there, just people who come and work there.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    FroilFroil Posts: 102 Member
    You can make apartments into dorm rooms? Oh my glob that gives so many more ideas for those!
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I did a similar thing of changing a residence into a workplace and only had one person living there, then had the "employees" come over as a club. (I think I did it in the exact same apartment, too, LOL.)
    a04_ofc_interview2-e1525239577707.png?w=584

a04_ofc_alexelise-e1525239864885.png?w=584

a05_ofc_promoted2-e1525243421377.png?w=584

a05_ofc_zoe1-e1525243478594.png?w=584

office1.png?w=584

office_meet.png?w=584
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    LadyTigressLadyTigress Posts: 183 Member
    For now Im not doing anything with the law career but my main sim is taking a degree in history and then I will have him enter the law career so he can be a lawyer, he still has another 8 classes to go but on the upside he is all ready engaged with a sim he met in the Ubrite debate club and (unless the game move somone in before then) has a house to go back to in Willow Creek. Just need to cheat a little and change one of his girls traits since she hates children
  • Options
    It's fun just designing a workplace for once, and not just a house :smiley:

Lh4k3zZ.png

rC5XuUE.png

One day it would be so cool if we could design job places for any kind of job we can come up with, with like a job creator, where you pick job titles all the way through, what each title need to be able to work, and then just let us manage it. It would be a simple system with endless possibilities :D
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    This is so cool! Do those lodgers pay §100 per night, or did I dream that? Can you decide their uniform?

I already have a few office builds in my game, but I use them mostly for video recordings, not for active playing. Also have a small Lawyer office. Might change that when getting this pack.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I'm going to setup a Law Firm, have as many roomies as I can place and pretend they're employees, and build a proper Law firm on probably a Penthouse Lot.

Don‘t you have to pay your “employees“ though? Or do you pretend that rent payments are earnings from clients?
    Phew, I had 6 roomies at first but it got a bit crowded because I forgot they tend to invite friends over, so cut it down to 3 and this is better. It's so nice to have a place that is alive yet you don't have to control any of them :D I love that. Almost a shame we can't rent out rooms during daytime only like a sort of business incubator.

You could create a club if you have Get Together and have a gathering during business hours.

• Options

Don‘t you have to pay your “employees“ though? Or do you pretend that rent payments are earnings from clients?

You could create a club if you have Get Together and have a gathering during business hours.

Good point about clubs, though manually having to do it every day could get old :disappointed:

And yeah I get money and pretend they just earn for the company, as they should do :D It's not a lot but still.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I’m LOVING all of this @Wintermist_SWE!
  • Options
    Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    That is such a creative and cool idea!!
  • Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    I'm actually a lawyer IRL so I'm super psyched for my simself to become a judge at some point.

That law firm idea is awesome @Wintermist_SWE!