Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why can't I get my sims to marry?

I started them as teens and they got to be boyfriend and girlfriend. I made them both YA, they got a kid together. I couldn't get them to move in together normally so I had to use NRAAS to move him in. They are still boyfriend/girlfriend, they have a kid, they live together, she wants to marry him, but no matter how many romantic things I do I can't get the propose option? Anyone know what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it?

Also I installed the expansion where you can travel to the future, but I don't get one of those portal in my lot. I had a very small lot when I installed, but I move to a bigger lot now and still no portal :( How do I get it?

Comments

• Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited November 2019
    The portal spawned elsewhere in town on a community lot if it didn't fit on your lot. This should be visible on the town map though.

Does one of the two have "commitment issues"? Regarding a marriage proposal, the option should come up with the "extremely irresistible" stage in a "romantic" interaction otherwise. Of course, as you already use "NRaas" (I assume the Master Controller?), you may as well just change the relationship to "married" in the "intermediate" options.

The "move in" option appears when a "friendly" dialog reaches the "social" stage.
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    Sorry, I saw the other thread only after I had answered this one.
  • Options
    Dida_QuickswitchDida_Quickswitch Posts: 290 Member
    Yeah I accidentally made 2 threads and didn't figure out how to delete one.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I've asked a moderator if they could kindly please combine the two threads.

This is a quirk of the game, I've seen it for years with and without mods. But sometimes what is blocking things is that the two sims already live together but they hadn't progressed far enough romantically (with dates and other such formal events) before doing so. Or it could be that the household is at or only one sim away from its allowed limit, which I realize doesn't make any sense if the couple is already living together but sometimes we don't have any other explanations for this.

What can help unblock things is, on a test run of your game so just don't save if this doesn't work out, temporarily move out the bf into another household or one of his own and then try the romantic steps that should be leading up to a proposal.

And if that still doesn't work, as said you could use MC to make them be engaged and try to take it from there.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net