Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Give A Presentation

I didn’t get the presentation board. Does anyone know if I can purchase it?

Comments

• Options
    lauradean89lauradean89 Posts: 20 Member
    Not every degree comes with the need for a presentation - do you definitely need to give one? For each class the UI explains whether it’s a term paper, exam or presentation you need to do to complete the semester.
    I’m pretty sure I watched one of the game changers early access videos and they were bummed because they didn’t choose a class with a presentation as a final goal to be able to showcase the board in the video.
  • Options
    TinyrazorPlayerTinyrazorPlayer Posts: 49 Member
    Mine definitely says I need to give one, but I don’t have the item.
  • Options
    lauradean89lauradean89 Posts: 20 Member
    Sounds like a bug which is super annoying.
  • Options
    ricardovfgomesricardovfgomes Posts: 5 New Member
    are you sure it isn't in your Sim's inventory? I have a different problem. I got the board, made the presentation. but when I click on it and choose "give final presentation" my Sim simply puts it in his personal inventory... any ideas?...
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    are you sure it isn't in your Sim's inventory? I have a different problem. I got the board, made the presentation. but when I click on it and choose "give final presentation" my Sim simply puts it in his personal inventory... any ideas?...
    Instead of clicking on the presentation board, you need to click on the rabbithole building where the class is held. If the option is greyed out you can hover over it to see the hours during which you can do that.
  • Options
    pookadoonpookadoon Posts: 1 New Member
    I had the same issue. It ended up being in my sim's bathroom of all places. Might be somewhere on your lot?
  • Options
    GemsGaloreGemsGalore Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm having a different issue. My has the board but can't do anything with it, other than take it out and put it into her inventory.
  • Options
    I am playing the Pleasants and got a notification that says, “Now that the term is over, this old term presentation has been thrown out.” But this was towards the beginning of their second term. I wasn’t playing them during their first term. Angela needs a presentation board for her current class and now she doesn’t have one in her inventory. It’s not available to get back, not even from the debug items.

There is a bug report on it here so if you have also lost your presentation board, hit “me too”: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DU-Term-presentation-board-gone-and-can-t-get-it-back/td-p/8426229/highlight/false
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,676 Member
    Thanks for all of the tips. I think I shall try to avoid any class that requires a presentation, until this glitch is addressed. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I noticed if you lose it because my sim lost hers when I said put in the world at her house that debug doesn’t even have it.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Angela studied a bit for the class she was missing her presentation for. She ended up with a B-. So it’s not too hard to get around, but very disappointing if you are going for a perfect GPA. I hope they fix this bug soon.
  • Options
    pajamajam07pajamajam07 Posts: 314 Member
    Same thing is happening to me... I'm trying to have a perfect GPA...
    I can't believe the devs nor anyone that got the game early didn't encounter this issue...
  • Options
    Go_Ask_AlexisGo_Ask_Alexis Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="GemsGalore;c-17315119"]I'm having a different issue. My has the board but can't do anything with it, other than take it out and put it into her inventory.[/quote]
    I'm having the same exact issue. i realized its because the presentation i have to give is for media, tech, and culture and the presentation board in my inventory is for Into to communication, which doesn't need a presentation it had a final exam. This is for the communications major at foxbury institute.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited November 2019
    babajayne wrote: »
    Instead of clicking on the presentation board, you need to click on the rabbithole building where the class is held. If the option is greyed out you can hover over it to see the hours during which you can do that.

I think I clicked on the board while it was in my Sim's inventory to 'give presentation'. I don't think it was that complicated - it actually worked quite well. I had my Sim do the presentation before his first class even started. He created the presentation, which was 'poor', and then I clicked on the option to 'rearrange' (or something like that). He spent a bit of time moving things around, and I finally got a notification that the presentation had been worked over enough that it couldn't get any better (it was now 'excellent'). I put it in my Sim's inventory, and the next morning, I had him give the presentation. He cycled off into the rabbit hole (he lives off-campus) for an hour or so, and when finished, it registered as a completed requirement for the class (whew! one task done!).

Edited to add: I had another presentation, and I was right - you just click on the presentation to give it. If the option is greyed out, you can hover over the 'give presentation' and it will tell you that you have to give your presentation between certain hours.
    Post edited by invisiblgirl on
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    pajamajam07pajamajam07 Posts: 314 Member
    Withdrawing from the term, waiting and the enrolling again gave me the correct board this time.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I got this too, so annoying! I just cheated with ui extension because it wasn’t my fault I didn’t have the board
  • Options
    xlove90xlove90 Posts: 27 Member
    SOLUTION: Before the next term starts- place the board anywhere in the world. Just don't leave it in your inventory. Once the new term starts, you will be given a new board to work on. And that works.

Just keep the board out of your inventory all the time, so that way you don't have to worry about forgetting to remove it from your inventory.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Seems the presentation boards are a bit bugged. My Sim was given one for a class which didn't require him to give a presentation, but instead write a paper. It was a different class that required the presentation, but he was unfortunately unable to complete the task.

No way to purchase them from anywhere or anything.