Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ambrosia? Vlad

My Sim accidentally killed Vlad with magic. The dedeathify spell to does not work and no luck with ambrosia either. I killed another Sim to see if the spell would work on them but no luck. I got the ambrosia from the gallery and it did not work. I had my Sim make fresh Ambrosia and it did not work either. Anyone else having problems?

I have MCC so I removed it started a new save killed Vlad and another Sim. The spell and ambrosia does not work. Repaired the game. Still does not work with or without MCC.

I did a "me too" on the answers HQ but that is really old bug.

Is there another way to bring back Vlad in my save?

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,467 Member
    Maybe the Wishing Well from Romantic Garden? I can't remember if you can choose a specific Sim or not but I know there's a way to bring a ghost back to life.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    You can get a new Vlad by starting a new save file, going to his house/lot and editing him in Create-A-Sim. Save him to your library and then exit that file and delete it. Now, put him back in his mansion and act like it never happened.

You may need to cheat a little.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    edited October 2019
    I do not normally have death in my game. I use the cheat to turn emotional death off. Is there a cheat to turn off death by bugged magic?

I would not have to cheat if the game worked correctly. I paid for something and it's broken. Too much is broken. Major features of the game do not work. I can't even use MCC to bring him back. I can revive stray cats but not Vlad. I just used MCC to revive a cat. What's in Vlad's code that keeps me from reviving him? This is messed up!

Added point ...
    The magic spell does not even work. I am killing Sims to test this and the spell does not work. Dedeathify has to be bugged.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I was able to bring back a sim with deathdefy. You need to use it on the ghost himself and not on the tombstone. You probably tried that but I thought I would mention it just in case.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    I was able to bring back a sim with deathdefy. You need to use it on the ghost himself and not on the tombstone. You probably tried that but I thought I would mention it just in case.

Yeah, I did it right but it does not work on Vlad.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Does shift+clicking Vlad pull up any option to turn him back alive?

Can't remember. The robot patch must have broken the ability to bring ghosts back to life because I've used the dedeathify spell to bring them back and its worked before.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    How exactly did you kill him? That may be complicating matters.
  • Options
    Sindocat wrote: »
    How exactly did you kill him? That may be complicating matters.

My Sims gave his a potion to restore his needs then did the friendship spell. Later my Sim give him a potion and he died. It was either Potion of Immortality or Potion of Prompt Resurrection. He stayed at the house too long. Morning came. I was trying to protect him from dying in the sun so I could ask him to leave.

I don't think magic works on vampires but the ambrosia should. It didn't.

I think I will kill another vampire and see if magic can bring them back.

Anyway the MCC revive does not work either.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    He may not be dead. No potion can kill. He probably has an hidden buff that makes him a ghost but is not a ghost.
  • Options
    karlaphantkarlaphant Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the same problem. I gave a Potion of Immortality to my sims mom while we were on my sims lot and she dies. There is no tombstone, so I can't Necrocall, and I've seen a few threads of that spell not working either. I can't even cheat my way out of this because I need a tombstone to use the cheats to bring her back.

I'm saving my game before I give another sim a potion...
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »

I think I will kill another vampire and see if magic can bring them back.

Anyway the MCC revive does not work either.

And suddenly all of your vampires are hard to find.
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I thought I read somewhere that if they turn into a ghost using that potion it's only temporary. It happened to me when my sim gave that porion to Morgyn. I looked it up on line and that is what I found. I got out without saving so nothing happened but the loss of a sim day but I didn't even need to lose that if it is only temporary.
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    Also, there is an option when you pick a save to play, to restore a previous version of that save.