Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will the degrees influence GTW and GF careers?

Do you think the science, law and drama degrees will give sims a jumpstart on the active careers that came with Get to Work and Get Famous, or just the normal ones? Also, did I misread or there is no medicine degree?

Comments

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’m hoping so, I’d actually play those careers again if so.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I hope so. There is no medicine, but we have biology, I think that fits to some extent. Majors' names seem vague, but also quite versatile, I think devs tried to make every major lead to several careers.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I reckon there's a good chance of it. If not, what else could the Drama degree be useful for?
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    I hope it affects all careers. I actually prefer the work from home careers and the freelance careers so I really hope they are tied to the degrees.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    I reckon there's a good chance of it. If not, what else could the Drama degree be useful for?

Also Entertainer, maybe? If it's only for actors, then this degree will be completely useless for people who don't own GF, and that's not right.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Drama could potentially be useful for the secret agent career as well. Might sound weird, but the Sims version of this career has always taken inspiration from its Hollywood representation, and Hollywood spies constantly have to assume other people's identities while undercover, so some acting skills could definitely come in handy here.

As for the GTW careers, I imagine biology for both doctors and scientists, also physics for scientists if there is such a degree (I can't look right now because my mobile can't handle more than one internet tab at a time), and for cops... Psychology perhaps, and whatever degree is best for the law career.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Do you think the science, law and drama degrees will give sims a jumpstart on the active careers that came with Get to Work and Get Famous, or just the normal ones? Also, did I misread or there is no medicine degree?

I would hope they do. It would be nice to be able to play an active career without starting from the bottom every time.

Also, there is no medicine degree but there is Biology, so I suspect that will be the influencing major for Doctor and Veterinarian.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    I would assume that all the careers (full time ones, not necessarily those part-time ones) would be linked up to one of the 13 majors and give you a slight edge if you get your degree in it.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    Also Entertainer, maybe? If it's only for actors, then this degree will be completely useless for people who don't own GF, and that's not right.

Good point. Especially for the comedian branch, I think that would be ideal.
    Exciting stuff! :)
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I hope sims with a degree can have a better salary and maybe start higher in the career.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I hope sims with a degree can have a better salary and maybe start higher in the career.

There's plenty of other perks from both the basegame and various other packs that already achieve this; what would having degrees, both distinguished and not differ from these? Unless there's an entire career overhaul to give the degrees new meaning to careers, I don't see much of a difference.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member

There's plenty of other perks from both the basegame and various other packs that already achieve this; what would having degrees, both distinguished and not differ from these? Unless there's an entire career overhaul to give the degrees new meaning to careers, I don't see much of a difference.

I hope we might get some other benefits besides a career boost. I really like how they did it in sims 2. In that game you could unlock additional want slots (or fear slots if you failed) it had a big impact on gameplay for the rest of that sims life, not just job related. And there was no other way to achieve this ingame without cheating which was a real incentive to replay university with different sims. I hope we get some interesting unique benefit from graduating in sims 4.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I hope we might get some other benefits besides a career boost. I really like how they did it in sims 2. In that game you could unlock additional want slots (or fear slots if you failed) it had a big impact on gameplay for the rest of that sims life, not just job related. And there was no other way to achieve this ingame without cheating which was a real incentive to replay university with different sims. I hope we get some interesting unique benefit from graduating in sims 4.

Now that's the kind of gameplay I'd like! :) Makes me curious about wanting a wants/fears system in TS4, bc I was too late on getting TS2 by the time I finally was able to play Sims myself.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I'd replay through university for more trait slots because the base game 4 don't cut it for me.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I really hope all Uni grades will affect future career for that sim. We'll probably learn more about it tomorrow. Can't wait! I have a few private high schools in my game, but a University is of course quite different :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg