Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Student loan, but with a household bank-account?

FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
I am getting a little tired of the shared household bank account. It leaves the hard work of my individual sims meaningless and all for nothing. It makes me wonder how these student loans will apply in our game if the household bank account remains. I wish we could just divide the accounts for each sims in the house so they are responsible to manage their own money situation. Why should my house of friends suffer cause of a loan debt from one of my other sims? Or even in a family?

Sure hope dividing bank accounts becomes an option for this feature! What do you think? How should this work for you?

Comments

• Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I really hope they're finally giving us split funds with DU. I plan on playing DU with three young adults who go to college together but they come from different households with different family backgrounds and different household incomes, one sim comes from a wealthy family the other two don't. I want each of them to have their own financial status. I plan on them getting scholarships and loans. It wouldn't be right if they had to share the same household funds. Wouldn't be realistic at all.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Split funds sounds needlessly annoying.

It's already annoying enough dividing funds between my businesses and home.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    shannonavashannonava Posts: 20 Member
    It's an interesting idea but im not sure how it would work. I think it might be interesting that pay-backs for loans will affect the whole family too
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Annoying is my teen sim getting their first job but still can’t afford that computer they want because their money was spent by another family member THAT is annoying.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options

Annoying is my teen sim getting their first job but still can’t afford that computer they want because their money was spent by another family member THAT is annoying.

Realism is a must in life simulation games. The sims should not be about the ease of a click, but to feel as if you are really doing it yourself. I do not see how transferring a simple amount of numbers is annoying.. but ok.

I agree with you that the money earned by one sims should at least have an option to be controlled. Say, we could just simply set the setting for a shares account or not. I do not see the problem and it would keep both sides happy.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Realism is a must in life simulation games. The sims should not be about the ease of a click, but to feel as if you are really doing it yourself. I do not see how transferring a simple amount of numbers is annoying.. but ok.

I agree with you that the money earned by one sims should at least have an option to be controlled. Say, we could just simply set the setting for a shares account or not. I do not see the problem and it would keep both sides happy.

All I’m saying is, it’s going to be super dumb if loans are for the whole household unless this is them saying you can’t play more than one sim in a household at a time. Which would suck greatly...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I would imagine the student loan would be tied to the sim who took the loan, not the entire household.

But I agree cause if i have my Sim parents gift their children money (Who still live with them) it's kind of meaningless.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Could be than they reuse business tab, for sims than you send from your household to university
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    My thought process was instead of the money being paid out of the family "household funds", the money would come out of the paycheck...so if your sim gets a job, after they get paid everyday, a small portion of their loan would come out before the funds were ever deposited into the household account.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited November 2019

Because it is annoying to constantly switch funds around. For example, you have all your money in your business so you can't even cook food at home, so you need to re arrange the numbers, but not too much money can be sent otherwise you can't run your business and pay employees. It's annoying.

What I would like to see is the ability to send children off once they move out with a certain amount of money, which is technically doable with the gift simoleons feature in seasons, but they need to move out FIRST.

If you want an optional button to split the funds then go for it, I would never use it. The idea of having to constantly switch between up to 8 household members and their funds sounds like an absolute nightmare. An allowance feature for children/teens might be cool though.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I'm using a bank mod that allows each household member to have their own funds in their own account. Your teen or whoever can have their job pay go into their personal account which they can take with them when they leave to start a new life. You can also transfer back into the main household fund, divert funds out of the house and into the personal account, etc. I have one household member that runs the family store. As hes the only one working there I move the store profit into the household funds, then move the same amount out and into the guys personal fund. It's working very well and if you don't mind mods you might enjoy it.

https://simrealist.itch.io/snbank?download

• Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    We shall see how the funds are going to work real soon. I'm crossing my fingers for split funds.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    This is something that I would greatly love to have added to the game. It is something they have never done with any iteration of the Sims. I have a mod that enables you to create separate bank accounts for your sims in Sims 2, and as mentioned above there is a mod for it in Sims 4, but I would love this feature to be added to the actual game.
  • Options

All I’m saying is, it’s going to be super dumb if loans are for the whole household unless this is them saying you can’t play more than one sim in a household at a time. Which would suck greatly...

Yes I agree with you, i was commenting on the person who you responded to actually to add my thoughts along with your comment. Forum quoting confusions happen a lot lately :p