Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't buy at: Aleister’s Elixirs and Sundries

I recently got TS3 Supernatural and I am enjoying it, but I have a problem. When I go to Aleister’s Elixirs and Sundries and click on they guy at the register and click buy nothing happens. The only thing that happens is that they talk for a few seconds but that's it. Is it a glitch or do I need to do something before I can buy?

Comments

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited September 2012
    I would try deleting and re-adding the lot to your town
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    GigidawnGigidawn Posts: 898 Member
    edited September 2012
    Happened to me too. I don't know how to fix it and I have no Mods or CC (never did). I have replaced the register, deleted the lot and put it back. I have deleted the lot and replaced it with an exchange alchemy store. None of these worked.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited September 2012
    Gigidawn wrote:
    Happened to me too. I don't know how to fix it and I have no Mods or CC (never did). I have replaced the register, deleted the lot and put it back. I have deleted the lot and replaced it with an exchange alchemy store. None of these worked.

Is there someone that works there available? Like a cashier? Maybe you could try resetting them?
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    GigidawnGigidawn Posts: 898 Member
    edited September 2012
    Gigidawn wrote:

Is there someone that works there available? Like a cashier? Maybe you could try resetting them?

Yes, there is a worker. When I replaced the lot, it was a new employee too. I've even tried to interact with them doing the 'buy' option directly from the employee and not the register. Nothing. I've done the resetsim * cheat as well.
  • Options
    Trish1966Trish1966 Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited September 2012
    I had some issues with the elixer shop. No one was showing up to work there. Someone told me to make sure I have all seeds out of my inventory and try going there again. I don't know if that was the cause, but I don't have any more problems with it since I took my seeds out.
  • Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited September 2012
    remove all special seeds and life fruit from your inventory. They cause issues with the elixir shop register, the alchemy station, the grocery store, and the regular consignment shop register

Hope this helps :D
  • Options
    bakatheboybakatheboy Posts: 6 New Member
    edited September 2012
    MGSFan612 wrote:
    remove all special seeds and life fruit from your inventory. They cause issues with the elixir shop register, the alchemy station, the grocery store, and the regular consignment shop register

Hope this helps :D

I dont have any special seeds or life fruit.
  • Options
    CellistinaCellistina Posts: 84 Member
    edited September 2012
    I am also having the same issue. No special seeds, or mods or CC.
  • Options
    imperfectlyimperfectly Posts: 49 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Any solutions to this?
    I'm also unable to buy from Aleister's Elixirs and Sundries - no one ever shows up to work at the shop!
  • Options
    nkthgrtnkthgrt Posts: 638 Member
    edited November 2012
    i just posted this problem and then noticed your question! i had the same problem. i reset the sim, reimported the lot; the cash register, no seeds, nothing. i moved my sims to a new household and then they were are to buy and sell at the alchemy store again. hope this helps.
  • Options
    mishalunchboxmishalunchbox Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    I'm also having this problem. All the following were tried (and failed): removed everything from my inventory, purchased the elixer shop, built a new elixer shop, purchased the new shop. The workers are there, but selecting "buy" (from the worker or the register) does nothing.

I'm out of mandrake and it's cramping my style :wink:
  • Options
    WonderlandAlliWonderlandAlli Posts: 14 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Same problem, no special seeds or fruits, no cc or mod, tried moving, tried all the things already mentioned. Is it to much too ask that this game WORK considering how much money I've spent on this series?
  • Options
    freindlylolfreindlylol Posts: 358 Member
    edited May 2014
    having same problem have tried all suggestions
  • Options
    tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    edited October 2019
    All these years later... I'm getting this problem too. I have
    https://www.nraas.net/community/home
    installed. Is there a way to reset the store from the NRAAS menu?

I recommend NRAAS, it keeps the Sims 3... functional. ;)

Edit; I'm making 'I've figured it out' noises... :)
    The first time you talk, the elixir consignment person will shake their head. Talk again and you should get a 'cancel' option in the same slot as 'trade'. Cancel everything in the list and the store is usable again! :)
    Post edited by tommynocker001 on
  • Options
    SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    All these years later... I'm getting this problem too. I have
    https://www.nraas.net/community/home
    installed. Is there a way to reset the store from the NRAAS menu?

I recommend NRAAS, it keeps the Sims 3... functional. ;)

Edit; I'm making 'I've figured it out' noises... :)
    The first time you talk, the elixir consignment person will shake their head. Talk again and you should get a 'cancel' option in the same slot as 'trade'. Cancel everything in the list and the store is usable again! :)

Luckily TS3 is functional without any Nraas mods too. :)

In my unmodded game it works the first time my sims tries to buy something, and as far as I remember it's always been like that.

The sim in the screenshot below bought everything on the list 5 times in a row, so his inventory is now FULL of all sorts of things. He thinks he Got Ripped Off!, but that's another story...

Yr463aT.jpg
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top