Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

new computer makes skins look bad

simicapsimicap Posts: 85 Member
edited October 2019 in General Mods Discussion
Technically this is a technical question but for some reason I can't post a new discussion there. So I bought this new computer and it works wonderfully even with my mods installed it only takes a few minutes to load up. However there is one major problem the color is bad the main culprit is the skins the coloring makes many of the previously fine looking skins (in game and custom) look washed out/unnatural etc. Here's the problem I need help with so I go to settings and I click display and at the very bottom there's a graphics settings button but when I click on it and choose the sims 4 it opens its system files not somewhere I can change the color settings please help

Comments

• Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Try changing the graphic settings from inside the game. (I am not sure where you are attempting to change them from now.) Open the game and on the main screen, in the top right corner, you will see 3 dots. Click on them, then open Game Options. It will take you directly to the Graphics section. Also, try turning off Lap Top Mode if it is on. The option is located at the bottom of the Graphics page.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    You could also try tweaking the colour settings on your graphics card user interface. What card do you have? I know where the settings are on AMD as I've had to fiddle with mine quite a bit when I upgraded my card over the summer.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    edit wrong link fixed it https://amazon.com/gp/product/B07D99KFP7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 this one I believe it's AMD can you tell me how if it is?
    Post edited by simicap on
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Hmm, I"m playing with the same graphics card and have brilliant colours. Perhaps a problem with the monitor?
  • Options
    well if there it is I'll have to return it I just bought it it's no good to me if I can't play the sims 4
  • Options
    @simicap I have to go out now for a few hours, but I'll have a look at this for you when I get home. Hopefully we can sort it out.
  • Options
    simicap wrote: »
    edit wrong link fixed it https://amazon.com/gp/product/B07D99KFP7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 this one I believe it's AMD can you tell me how if it is?

@simicap it looks like you have an Nvidia graphics card rather than AMD but you should still be able to tweak the colours in the same way. Navigate to the Nvidia Settings panel. I don't know where yours is but I find mine in the 'hidden icons' pop-up on the toolbar on the bottom right.

HvXNqDW.png

Then find the colour settings - usually in a 'Display' tab. This is what mine looks like. I'd imagine the Nvidia ones wouldn't be too different. You should be able to adjust colour 'temperature', brightness, contrast, etc.

j3KAc9G.png

I recommend doing it while you have the game playing so you can see what your adjustments do to the way the game looks and tweak it until you're happy with it.

Good luck :)