Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Athlete sims won't die of old age

Hello,

I have noticed, that my elderly sims won't die of old age, but it just affects the sims in the athlete career, for some reason all of my athlete sims are female xD
The age bar is full, still one of my sims lived through all the teenage life stage of her son and still is alive.
Same with another household, where the grandmothers life bar is full since her first granddaughter was born, today she aged up to a child...
I was so annoyed by it, I let the first lady freeze in the winter, because I finally wanted her to leave. And for the other one that lives with the family of her son, I really need her room for the kids. The toddler sleeps in the living room and the child has to share a room with her granny.

I don't use mods, so maybe it's something you noticed too? I feel like it is since the october patch, maybe september, I don't know.

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Did they complete the Athlete aspiration? Because that adds a lot of bonus days. Like usually enough for the grandkids to age up to elder. (the last sim I had that had that aspiration had something like 200 bonus days on Long life, according to MCCC.)
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I had an Elder that wouldn't die , tried woohooing to death , nope didn't work, had him go jogging and run on the treadmill for days on end , nothing worked. All his family died before him.
    Now I'm real careful about that whole Athlere aspiration.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    Sims with the Active trait also live longer than Sims without it.
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    does anyone know if this only applies to active sims and sims with athletic aspirations or if fitness skill level plays a part too?
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    There's a mod that gets rid of this problem.
    MM-078 lesslonglivingactivesims
    http://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Thank you all for your comments.
    I guess they have the active trait as well as a completed athlete aspiration, I knew they will live longer, but that long? Jeez xD now I know and I guess I have to build some rooms for my kids^^
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    You can always make a flower-arrangement and scent it with deathflowers. Elders die when they are gifted those. Might be one on the gallery.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Ironically, one of my Sims with a bodybuilder aspiration just died few days after the bar glowed. TBF, she didn't completed the aspiration. However, one of my active Sims had lived a long live. Her son was almost an elder yet she stayed strong & healthy. I played with long life and soon after I changed to a normal life cycle, she died. I would say that, if the Sims has an active trait, coupled with the bodybuilder aspiration, they might surpassed their children.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I gave up and had my elder have an "accident" to get her to pass on. She had outlived her son by that point and her grandson was almost an adult and he was born very late, she'd easily outlived her grandson too if her son didn't have him so late, she had lived for ~ 450 something sim days at that point.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I have an elder sim who is active but did not complete the athletic aspirations. The life bar has been a-bubbling for several rotations now and no sign of her dying.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Simsandra wrote: »
    Hello,

I have noticed, that my elderly sims won't die of old age, but it just affects the sims in the athlete career, for some reason all of my athlete sims are female xD
    The age bar is full, still one of my sims lived through all the teenage life stage of her son and still is alive.
    Same with another household, where the grandmothers life bar is full since her first granddaughter was born, today she aged up to a child...
    I was so annoyed by it, I let the first lady freeze in the winter, because I finally wanted her to leave. And for the other one that lives with the family of her son, I really need her room for the kids. The toddler sleeps in the living room and the child has to share a room with her granny.

I don't use mods, so maybe it's something you noticed too? I feel like it is since the October patch, maybe September, I don't know.

I've had sims get to level 7 in the fitness skill, without being in the career, and they had extra days on their life.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Thank you all for the comments, I might try the deathflower arrangement^^

I have so many sporty sims, I should change it :D
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Fitter sims live longer, just like in real life.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited October 2019
    There is more than one trait, that allows you to live longer you can also get the live longer trait from the wishing well from romatic gardens stuff pack. Fitness kill Fitness Aspiration and other reward objects and skill points you got play a role in how long your sim lives. Also so does your sims weight. Another factor is the death dice roll, is there a lot of elderly sims in your game? Game tends to kill off the non played elderly sims first before player sims.

Edit: Only one sim per day will get the true for the death dice roll, so each day at midnight the game will roll each sims dice and if your sim gets the eye your sim clapses within 24 and our favorite Grim Reaper will come visit the sim. Please keep in mind if you have pets they also get the death roll too.

So if you have 2 elderly sims in the world death will come quitly for the two elderly sims, but if you have 8 elderly sims death will come alot slower. Also families that have elderly with toddlers and children are given less priority than a family with two teenage sim or a elderly teenager and child sim. HIghest priority for death roll is the single elderly to more than one elderly with no kids the highest priority is elderly in not in this word and non played sims.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »

True, but I think having both the active trait and the long lived one add something like 25% of a sim’s entire lifespan to the elder stage.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    AriaMad2 wrote: »

True, but I think having both the active trait and the long lived one add something like 25% of a sim’s entire lifespan to the elder stage.
    It definitely does. Some of my sims are basically ancient at this point and are starting to outlive nieces and nephews.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Simsandra wrote: »
    Hello,

I don't use mods, so maybe it's something you noticed too? I feel like it is since the october patch, maybe september, I don't know.

Back a couple of years when I was playing Pinstar's Legacy Challenge, my Sim made the tragic error of falling for Sim who was much older than she appeared. The day they married, I kid you not, she turned into an Elder. This was way before the devs gave us those helpful age signs above the clicked on Sim. Had he known she was dangerously close to old age, he of course wouldn't have married her. Kind of defeats the purpose of a Legacy, if the bride can't conceive. Heirs must be blood-related. Cheats are against the Legacy Rules, too. So, he had an affair with the Sim who almost stole his heart before Maddie turned his head, that is. She gave him three sons, ultimately. He moved her in during the first pregnancy, and his wife knew better than to challenge this decision on his part, as she wanted him for companionship in her last days, so to speak. She having deceived him in the first place.

Of course, my Founder put off marrying the mother of his children, while Maddie was alive. But the old gal was an exercise freak. She was taking forever, even after the sparkly bar showed up. My Founder made the mistake of bringing his lady-love his great news, first, instead of deferring to his lawful wife. Maddie also was hot-headed. They had quite the row, she even threw her drink in his face. Then she seemingly locked herself in the downstairs bathroom for an interminable amount of time. The upper floor wasn't completed, so this was the only bathroom available. His son was young and really had to go. (This was back before we got toddlers.) My Founder decided to go check on his wife and found her on the bathroom floor. She finally succumbed to her 103 days.

All of this to say, I'm uncertain if this prolonged lifespan is the result of the patch.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Nannies have the immortal trait. I have a nanny in my game who has always been an elder and is now helping to care for the fourth generation!
  • Options
    @calaprfy all my townies live forever, I have aging on for only played households, maybe that's the case for you too?
    But I know for sure that "get famous" teen, I forgot her name, has a trait that she can't age up.
  • Options
    AshleyAOAshleyAO Posts: 62 Member
    I was playing on a long lifespan and had the same issue. My sim who completed the bodybuilder aspiration and got the long lived trait outlived all of her grandchildren and I think even one great-grandchild. She did eventually die from old age, it just took FOREVER.
  • Options
    StuStuieStuStuie Posts: 455 Member
    I think they just take longer to pass on