Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Enable Herbalism potion brewing at cauldron

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited September 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I don‘t get why you can’t make herbal potions at the cauldron, that should be an option! Another missed opportunity for cross-expansion gameplay.

That should become official!
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I can’t wait until this is available because you’re right, it should have been this way from the beginning.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,874 Member
    Because then everyone would be complaining about recycled features and how lazy the developers are.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Because then everyone would be complaining about recycled features and how lazy the developers are.

How? This would nowhere be near a recycled feature, we didn‘t have a big pot before where we can cook herbalism potions.

It just makes sense to brew herbalism potions at this cauldron and it should be enabled.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    That would have been a great option. I would like to have it in my game. I plan to have my spellcaster make both magical and herbalism potions so it would totally suit my story.

I don't feel it that way. If magical potions were just a copy of herbalism, then I would call it recycling and lazy. But they are different enough for me. Making herbalism at a cauldron is a nice way to integrate packs with each other and give a little extra for owners of multiple packs without limiting gameplay options. People with RoM can magic potions, people with OR can do herbalism, only with both you get a second option to make herbalism.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Yes! I have wanted this since the beginning. Is there a mod now?

I also want to be able to make all the soups and stews in the cauldron too.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Sorry to double post, but Icemunmun has this mod out now. Haven't tried it yet, but I plan to.
  • Options
    Rasia SilverRasia Silver Posts: 101 Member
    Just tested the mod from Icemunmun and so far it's working :D .
  • Options
    thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    Also feel we should be able to make all these on the stove AND grill as well.
  • Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    edited October 2019
    A. yes.
    B. I want to make a single serving of a potion in the spooky stuff cauldron.

These are my thoughts on potions
  • Options
    It would have been a great chance for cross-expansion gameplay and makes sense
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    But then we wouldn't be able to have nice things if these complaints from everyone (that amounts to few people, apparently) is rubbing on your developer friends :) Though in all seriousness, the suggestion is asking to integrate existing feature from another pack for (into) the feature from the others. This thread doesn't propose reselling a recolor of an item and reusing the buggy retail system for another active career.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    And it wouldn't be totally recycled if you'd need to have the Outdoors Pack to use this cross pack feature... just enhanced options that would make so much sense.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,874 Member
    thecatsred wrote: »
    Also feel we should be able to make all these on the stove AND grill as well.

• Options
    thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    @simgirl1010

Thanks for the mod link!

I hope this eventually gets patched into the game, but I'll use this way more than a massive cauldron!