Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hairstyles

Bring back sims3 hairstyles to sims4

Comments

• Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 459 Member
    Plenty of hairstyles, what I miss is facial hair and body hair.

We need more beards, it's an important part of fashion. And most men have body hair. It's weird to see all men without it.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
    I must admit there are so many hair styles I never used. Not because they are no good, but it's not a very big part of my gaming. Still, I can think of a few TS3 styles that I kinda miss :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    May i ask what those are?
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Can one delete a thread?
  • Options
    Patrice wrote: »
    May i ask what those are?

For one, a rural style with scarf covering most of the hair. In TS4 it would probably work just as well with the scarf as a hat. I used it a lot for my country side worlds, especially on elder women.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    rhalius wrote: »
    And most men have body hair. It's weird to see all men without it.

For the sake of some form of equality, but so should women. i'm pretty sure men can get turned on by body hair in the right places on a woman. it would also be nice to have arm hair on both genders as well.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    To be honest, I didn't really like most hairstyles from the TS3 basegame. They got better with expansion packs (I especially liked those from Late Night), but as for the basegame, they weren't my cup of tea.

By the way, am I the only one who doesn't mind the lack of body hair in TS4? In real life, I find body hair kinda disgusting, so I don't really mind lol.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I think the graphics for hair in sims 4 is the best but most of the hairstyles are just plain stupid, ask yourself the question would you yourself wear them in real life Nope. I know this is fantasy but still I like to have my sims look attractive not ridiculous. I usually get hairstyles from other sources and what people make on other sites is way better.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Oh, I don't know. I make my Sims wear ALL KINDS OF THINGS that I myself would never, ever wear. I find that, in time, I have the Sim for even the most niche hairstyle. No one is in the big afro yet (it did not suit Vivian Lewis, I tried), but even this demented, asymmetrical pixie-cut finally found a head to sit on, with my indeterminately ethnic spooky-boi, Beej:

RXfYi8W.png

That said, more styles are always welcome. And, while Beej probably waxes, I do miss body hair for my Sims as well.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »

By the way, am I the only one who doesn't mind the lack of body hair in TS4? In real life, I find body hair kinda disgusting, so I don't really mind lol.

Nope, I don't mind the lack of body hair in-game either. I also tend to get rid of beards with the same enthusiasm as getting rid of the eyeball ring. ;D
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    i don't mind the lack of body hair. what's the point of it?
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    alyssa123 wrote: »
    i don't mind the lack of body hair. what's the point of it?

Some people just like hairy sims. I downloaded some body hair but I barely ever use it. I know it's fairly common for guys to have it in real life but for some reason it looks weird on my sims. :D
  • Options
    I downloaded CC body hair, too. In fact, I have on-the-side DNA for my sims, deciding what grade of body hair they qualify for. That DNA also affects whether they can grow volumous hairstyles or not, too. Some will stick to the short/bald styles og genetic reasons :)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,137 Member
    I want the Sims 3 Mastersuite hairstyles in Sims 4.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I miss a couple of hairstyles from Sims 2, one is the chin-length female hair where it tucks behind the ear, and the other is the onde male hairstyle where there are a few strands of hair hanging forward in the face.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I have to say, most hairstyles are always terrible in The sims series. We need more basic things from everything. Starting from clothes (basic colors, not bright or patterned), basic hairstyles that you see outside 90% of the day, basic home furniture like IKEA style for example.

I really really do not like all these weirdly colord hairstyles and I never use them on my sims. I also do not like them in RL and I know it is a hype now, but hypes should not overtake the general way of living. The sims 4 does better then previous games though, but the clay looking hair is just.. bad
    Also many hairstyles just give a weird shape to the Sims head and I can not understand how any creator can make this and go like: OK well, this looks great!' Just want more natural looking hair, without special designs or shavings here and there.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I’d just prefer more color and highlights options along with a slider to adjust length. I like using all outfits in every category and like to have them wear different hairstyles but it’s hard to find several hairstyles that look like they could belong to the same person cause the lengths, texture and or colors don’t match up well enough.
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    More Hairstyles yes please - sims 3 style no thank you. Most of them looked like exploded mops.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    I don't like sims 3 style. I think Sims 2 hair looked better. It was kind of somewhere in between Sims 3 and Sims 4.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I’d like to have some longer hair like In TS3. Also I wouldn’t mind more colors, like blonde tones for instance (I barely ever use the darker blonde tone because it looks weird).
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Agreed on all the above! We need more hair tones for sure.