Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problem in Roaring Heights

So, I'm trying to move the graveyard and it's not letting me. Can't grab, drag and drop, nor can I place it from the library. The new lot's set to both graveyard and enabled lot locking. I've also tried to set the lot to no visitors and visitors, and both react the same way - it simply doesn't show up as a lot I can place a premade lot. I'm at a loss.

Comments

• Options
    KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    Did you bulldoze the lot or any items that are on the lot to empty it?

I've never had any luck with trying to move a lot with the hand tool. Seems to me you might need a lot the same size placed elsewhere in the world? I'm not even sure how this works....so....

I would save the lot to the library, bulldoze the lot (just once to clear the lot, if you bulldoze again the lot will be deleted) then try to replace it, making sure it's set as a community lot (graveyard). I think if you bulldoze a lot it switches to a residential lot - don't quote me on that ; )

Cheat - enableLotLocking true/false
    Requires testingCheatsEnabled cheat enabled. Allows the player to lock / unlock a lot to enable editing from the Edit Town mode. Examples of locked lots are tombs, ports, and diving areas.
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited October 2019
    Did you bulldoze the lot or any items that are on the lot to empty it?

I've never had any luck with trying to move a lot with the hand tool. Seems to me you might need a lot the same size placed elsewhere in the world? I'm not even sure how this works....so....

I would save the lot to the library, bulldoze the lot (just once to clear the lot, if you bulldoze again the lot will be deleted) then try to replace it, making sure it's set as a community lot (graveyard). I think if you bulldoze a lot it switches to a residential lot - don't quote me on that ; )

Cheat - enableLotLocking true/false
    Requires testingCheatsEnabled cheat enabled. Allows the player to lock / unlock a lot to enable editing from the Edit Town mode. Examples of locked lots are tombs, ports, and diving areas.

Instead of bulldozing twice and removing the lot, I would bulldoze once then turn on buydebug and build on the lot to make sure all the spawners are removed.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I have moved that lot before, a while ago, because I wanted to put something else there but all I did was use the normal "move lot" feature. I'm not sure why you would be having a problem.
  • Options
    AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    edited October 2019
    @KatyFernlily No I didn't try that, I will for sure though thank you! It's just the weirdest to me, all the map tags disappear. Hopefully bulldozing will work. It was an empty lot before but you never know. It is the same size though (64x64) and EnableLotLocking wasset to true

@cwaddell I did not try bulldozing the lot, thank you for the suggestion! I will have to see if that works!

@nickibitsward the map tags disappear, it's really bizarre because I move lots in other towns all the time (and yes that's exactly why I wanted to move it, it's a great place.)

Thank you all for the suggestions! I'll try them as soon as I have a chance and let you know.
    Post edited by AbellaKellaher on
  • Options
    AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    Yay! Bulldozing the lot worked perfectly! Thank you all! <3<3<3