Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Phone is out of control

I get several messages each hour, it's really driving me crazy lol. It's making me anti-social, not wanting to meet up with ANYONE because they just call and push so often. I even used MCCC to turn off invitation to pub nights but it seems they just send messages anyway, about something else. They always have some reason to contact you, some even send a text, then just a few minutes later send another one. It's relentless.

Is it like this for everyone else too?
You're Breathtaking!

Comments

• Options
    RyphlandRyphland Posts: 25 Member
    I’ve had to put all my Sim’s phones on silence due to the sheer number of calls they get. You can still see the vibrations when the phone rings, but at least it’s a bit less intrusive. I recently started a new family and forgot to put their phones on silence and one girl got a call from the same Sim friend 3 times in a row in a matter of minutes.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I’m getting the same thing, and I truly think they need better filters because some of them come across creepy. I’m playing Yuki Behr (still a teen), and Jacques Villareal keeps calling her asking her to dinner. :#
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't mind it. I don't think my sims would leave their homes quite as much if they didn't get invited out. The only thing that really bothers me is when a sim calls and asks if my sim wants to hang out tonight and it's morning or the middle of the afternoon. :D
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I use Scumbumbo's Unlisted Phone Numbers mod to reduce this issue. But even still, the calls are crazy.

It works for the most part, but it won't help against those Sims who do end up with your number. One Sim of mine has so far only given it out to both of her parents, and her mother constantly tries to get a hold of her. She gets phone call after phone call; if she refuses to meet at one place, she'll get another call an hour later being invited to another place. It happens a lot during the middle of the night, too.

I'm not sure what it is about her mother, but her father barely reaches out in comparison. Same relationship level and everything. It gets frustrating.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    @Kita5399 Ewww, that is so wrong! :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Stutum wrote: »
    Exactly my thought as well.. they are barely even acquaintances, yet it’s always him calling to invite her somewhere.
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    It's visually disruptive even if you got the mute on, since you get this popup every few seconds in game and your eyes go to it and you get that disruptive moment from what you was focused on before.

It's all just too much to be honest. I would be thankful if they call to have a normal chat instead, and more rarely rather than send that annoying text about everything. I know I met someone new, how do YOU know and why do you need to tell me you know? Etc etc. Just be normal!
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    The texts and calls are awful. I wish we had a way to actually turn off the phones completely. No messages, no calls, no autonomous game playing or "browsing the web". I hate the way the phones work in Sims 4. They are way too invasive and the texts don't even make sense. Why do we even have options to exchange phone numbers if every single Sim we meet is going to obsessively call and text our Sims anyway?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    It's visually disruptive even if you got the mute on, since you get this popup every few seconds in game and your eyes go to it and you get that disruptive moment from what you was focused on before.

It's all just too much to be honest. I would be thankful if they call to have a normal chat instead, and more rarely rather than send that annoying text about everything. I know I met someone new, how do YOU know and why do you need to tell me you know? Etc etc. Just be normal!

Another pet peeve with the game. If my Sims accidently make an acquaintance, I go into manage neighbourhoods and delete them. Unfortunately, the worst of the spam is coming from the Sage of Practical Magic, and I don't think I should delete him.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Should have an option for every sims to start without phones, I mean did you born and then having a smartphone all of a sudden?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes! What's very aggravating about it is when my Sim is A) On stage performing at his concert or B ) He's in the studio cutting an album. Oftentimes he's being invited somewhere. Twice by his latest squeeze. The first time I was able to have him invite her out on a date, and so he took her to the place she'd mentioned when she called. Other times, it was too late for him to do a thing about it, but to decline. Face/palm. Most of the calls, however, are just nuisance calls. "Hey, I hear you made friends with So and So Sim." "Well, yeah, that's my sibling." Luckily, we can just click on the X and dismiss the call. The troubling calls are when he's told that Sim calling had heard he wasn't nice to a particular Sim and that he should watch out because it's a slippery slope … Face/palm. Silly Busybodies.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    Stutum wrote: »
    Exactly my thought as well.. they are barely even acquaintances, yet it’s always him calling to invite her somewhere.

Yeah it's weird although it's random. Come to "Uncle" Jacques! =P
  • Options
    LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I’m getting the same thing, and I truly think they need better filters because some of them come across creepy. I’m playing Yuki Behr (still a teen), and Jacques Villareal keeps calling her asking her to dinner. :#

I agree about the better filter thing, one of my sims' mom just called and asked him on a date (ew!) I wish we could completely turn phones off.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Should have an option for every sims to start without phones, I mean did you born and then having a smartphone all of a sudden?

I miss having to buy a cell phone for my sims. The automatic phone is kind of annoying.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    izecson wrote: »

I miss having to buy a cell phone for my sims. The automatic phone is kind of annoying.

I was gonna say that. Fond memories of going to a store and buying one from one of those vending machine things :)
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I just don't understand why we can't put the phone on actual silent mode. It's our game and I don't want any calls from anyone, ever.
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    I just randomly found the solution to my problem haha. I had it all along xD

I never knew but in MCCC it was possible to set up which notifications you want to come through while your phone was on silent. I just tested it and it actually works, though every time I start playing it seems I have to set the phone to silent because I guess it resets it every time I restart the game.

Anyway, so yeah, there was a way to quiet the phone proper; MCCC Settings > Notification/Console/Menu Settings > Phone Texts...

I never looked under Notifications because I didn't imagine phones would be under there lol.

I played with it since yesterday now, and it's working. And it's so quiet in my Sims life I actually felt the need to invite some company. So that's how it should work :D Make me WANT to socialize!
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Yeah, I don’t get why we don’t have a real silent mode. It’s very annoying getting the same texts from the same people every single day.

I’d love it if the game let us remove the phone from our Sim’s inventory as well as have to buy one to use its features. Bring back the newspapers and remove the dependency on smartphones to find jobs, too.