Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build and World help

Hello

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post so if it isn't then please let me know.

I've just started playing the sims 4. I brought the games ages ago but never got round to playing them.

I'm trying to build my lot but I'm having difficulties with the foundations. It looks like you have to build the rooms before the foundations can be added, is that correct? I've tried doing this but I'm not having very much luck. when I try to place it, it just says -$0 but its in red which means I can't place it. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong and how I can lay the foundation? In sims 3 there was a cheat you could use to make a wall become the same size as a wall on top of a foundation. Can you still do this?

The other question I wanted to ask is about the worlds/neighbourhoods. Is there a way that I can put bigger blank lots on to the existing worlds/neighbourhoods? There are blank lots in Willow Creek and Newcrest but they aren't very big. Can I create my own world or neighbourhood like you could in sims 3?

Please help

Comments

• Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'm trying to build my lot but I'm having difficulties with the foundations. It looks like you have to build the rooms before the foundations can be added, is that correct? I've tried doing this but I'm not having very much luck. when I try to place it, it just says -$0 but its in red which means I can't place it. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong and how I can lay the foundation? In sims 3 there was a cheat you could use to make a wall become the same size as a wall on top of a foundation. Can you still do this?

Foundations are easy. you need to create some sort of room first, then find the up and down arrow with a box in the middle. Click on that icon and drag the room up.

3AFtKTE.png

dMbO0hc.png

When you are done, you will have a foundation under the room.

lijMBJb.png

Your household should start with §20,000 and an extra §2,000 per head after the first sim in the household (although it doesn't always count). so you should have the money easily to build a room, but the foundation doesn't cost anything.
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    No, you have to use the existing lots and sizes. TS4 is not an open world.
  • Options
    sportyjenny19sportyjenny19 Posts: 12 New Member
    JC1979 wrote: »

I’ve watched a couple of videos on YouTube and they seem to have 64x64 blank lots . Is there anyway that I can get this?
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member

I’ve watched a couple of videos on YouTube and they seem to have 64x64 blank lots . Is there anyway that I can get this?

The only one I'm aware of that is 64x64 is Hound's Head in Brindleton Bay. There's already a house there so, just bulldoze the lot then you'll have a huge building space.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member

I'm sorry, but I must disagree with you. There are vacant lots for purchase in many of the premade neighborhoods (worlds). And if the spot you want is taken, all you have to do is evict the inhabitants and bulldoze the building. I do it all of the time.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    CandiGir1CandiGir1 Posts: 64 Member
    @sportyjenny19 Hope you got the help you were looking for. Initially, I didn't think the foundations were very intuitive to use either. Please speak up if you're still struggling, this is a friendly group!
    6qrDi11.png
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member

64x64 lot sizes come with Get Together (x2), City Living (x1), Cats & Dogs (x1), Get Famous (x1), Strangerville (x1, uneditable), and Jungle Adventure (x1, vacation world).

There aren't any in base game, unfortunately, so you'd first have to buy one of these packs.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Plus once you have raised the foundation, then you click on the foundation options to find a pattern you like and apply it to the foundation the same way you would apply wall colour or patterns.
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    @GalacticGal the way I understood the question it sounds like to me OP is asking if they can change the size of a preexisting lot, which indeed we cannot do. I know we can evict households and bulldoze lots, but that doesn’t seem to be the question to me.
  • Options
    SedilolaSedilola Posts: 1 New Member
    I have an issue with the foundation heights, and I'm hoping to get help here.
    i am creating 4 small houses on one lot, the first house I created, I adjusted the foundation height. When trying to create the second house, it does not begin with any foundation height. When I try to adjust the foundation height to that of the first house, the foundation height of the first house goes higher, so both houses are never on the same level. I'm almost tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to get them both on the same level. Please help!!
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Lower house 1 to flush with ground. Set up your other houses. Then raise. You should get uniformity, but we are talking TS4 here so there is no guarantee. Has so far worked for me. Alternatively, you could set up the others as attached wings to number one then move them. Not tried that personally but logic says should work.