Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whims not working

I really wanted to post this in the Bugs category, but that was grayed out as an option...not sure why.

Every since I updated my game, most of my whims are not working. I know my sims have caught a fix, earned 50 simoleans (sp?), or cooked an excellent meal. Yet none of those have worked. My work out whim worked and my aspiration is working, but that's it.

I love this part of the game and it's about 1/3 of why I play so for it not work is about to drive me over the edge. I have restarted several times with no success and changed families. It's specific to the whim, not the sim because my same sim completed one whim, but can't complete the excellent meal despite clearly making an excellent meal.

Someone please help!

Comments

• Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I'm sorry I can't be much help, but I can commiserate at least. I experience the same thing, especially with whims to get married. I just give my sims the reward points and cancel the whim for now. I'm not sure what's causing the issue, but I've been experiencing it for quite a while.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    PinkiePie618PinkiePie618 Posts: 798 Member
    I read that if you travel it causes the bug. I think a work around is if you travel, save and go to manage worlds then go back in and your wishes will be fulfilled. I have not tried it yet, though.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I have the same issue. Though the whims have never been great - I've never ever had the get married whim and several others work - so not much different, now it's just more that are useless and doesn't work. Hope they spend some time on whims and actually fix them soon.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Bugs aren't reported here on the forum anymore, that's probably why you didn't have that option.

Whims not fulfilling is a reported bug over on AHQ: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Whims-not-fulfilling/m-p/8180364#M103202 you can check if there are any reliable workarounds and Me Too the issue.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I noticed a whim not getting fulfilled correctly last night, never saw it before. My sims hardly travel though, and besides most of my whims are just 25 points, so - I don't pay that much attention to it. I'd try to repair the game on Origin if it was important to me.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    I noticed a whim not getting fulfilled correctly last night, never saw it before. My sims hardly travel though, and besides most of my whims are just 25 points, so - I don't pay that much attention to it. I'd try to repair the game on Origin if it was important to me.

It's a known bug. Unfortunately, repairing the game on Origin will no make difference whatsoever.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I have the same issue in my game as well.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited September 2019
    Most whims broke with ROM/the pre ROM patch.

I repaired some of them and disabled others that could not be repaired. I'm still working on it, but for those that play with mods, this might be a solution until EA fixes the broken whims (if they fix them, that is, they have basically ignored the whim system since the release of Strangerville, and there were quite a number of them broken before Strangerville already):

http://bienchen83.bplaced.net/s4/mods/sims4me_whimoverhaul.rar
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Most whims broke with ROM/the pre ROM patch.

I repaired some of them and disabled others that could not be repaired. I'm still working on it, but for those that play with mods, this might be a solution until EA fixes the broken whims (if they fix them, that is, they have basically ignored the whim system since the release of Strangerville, and there were quite a number of them broken before Strangerville already):

http://bienchen83.bplaced.net/s4/mods/sims4me_whimoverhaul.rar

Thank you so much.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I noticed this happening too.
  • Options
    Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    It happens to me too.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited September 2019
    Oh this is a game bug I thought it was a result of the whim-related mod I have installed not working and was sad I was going to have to remove it (since the more varied whims it brings around is awesome) but since it’s the game and not the mod I shall keep it and hope they have a fix for this soon.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I think I heard about a bug like this earlier. Could be that.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    Yes, it clearly is a game bug. Most broken whims weren't even effected by my mod before. It also cannot be fixed entirely with a non-script mod, so for the time being, we'll have to live with some shortcomings. But you can definately keep the mod installed.

I really hope we'll be getting a fix.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    trashbinsouvenirtrashbinsouvenir Posts: 412 Member
    'Two months later and nothing- I already was put off this game for so long, and had just started to see it as an okay "eh I guess I'll play it for a short bit" alternative because of quick load times, but with the AWFUL whim system in place now combined with it not even working... So sad. :( I hope that since it's quite obviously broken, they can maybe use it as a reason to overhaul the whole system!
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I'm sorry I can't be much help, but I can commiserate at least. I experience the same thing, especially with whims to get married. I just give my sims the reward points and cancel the whim for now. I'm not sure what's causing the issue, but I've been experiencing it for quite a while.

I have never ever ever ever EVER had the "Get Married" whim to be fulfilled. I've tried every-darn-thing.

• Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    In my game some whims complete and some don't. It happened to me before the patch. It seems to be hit or miss for sometime. Some aspirations are messed up also. My Sim kid has lots of friends and it's not registering for the social aspiration. There are others I had to cheat but can't recall at the moment.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I wish it could be fixed. I love fulfilling my sims whims. It's so disappointing when I make the effort and it doesn't even register. :(
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The whims not registering has something to do with travelling. If you arrive at a lot, cancel out all existing whims and the new ones should register. When arriving home, do the same thing.
  • Options
    EfffingtonEfffington Posts: 63 Member

I have never ever ever ever EVER had the "Get Married" whim to be fulfilled. I've tried every-darn-thing.

You and me both :'( 100 whim points down the drain :neutral:
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »
    The whims not registering has something to do with travelling. If you arrive at a lot, cancel out all existing whims and the new ones should register. When arriving home, do the same thing.
    I have found that as soon as you land in your new location to click the "manage Worlds" button and then click back on your family and the whims work again.

• Options
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I wish it could be fixed. I love fulfilling my sims whims. It's so disappointing when I make the effort and it doesn't even register. :(

I've found if you push the "manage worlds" button and then re-load your sims' house the whims will start working again. So if it's a whim worth a lot of points, I suggest doing this no matter what!