Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Idea: Western Theme/Horses Pack

NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
I think it has been mentioned before. But I would still love a western themed pack. I don't really care about the type of pack. An item of particular interest to me, is the rodeo ride that I remember from Sims 3. It cracked me up and surely will in Sims 4.

Now that I think about it, if I was to personally add something like this, I'd make it a GP or an EP; add in a horse-friendly map/town (the wild west, for instance), horses, and combine it with the western theme.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Comments

• Options
    Sable_R702Sable_R702 Posts: 4 New Member
    Ever since I’ve been unable to play the sims 3 ive wanted horses in the sims 4 I know so many peopl who want the same and were disappointed that the pets pack was only cats and dogs.
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    yaaaas. any pack that adds horses ill be ALL over
  • Options
    Sable_R702Sable_R702 Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="Zeri;c-17170191"]yaaaas. any pack that adds horses ill be ALL over[/quote]
    Same here I’m so annoyed we haven’t got them yet. I want my cowgirl back!
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited August 2019
    They could also combine a Western horses pack with a Farming expansion, since horses are often found in the countryside! Also please include the mechanical bull!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    XxAkiraXx1XxAkiraXx1 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Farming/western expansion with horses would be amazing!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    An into the past based on Little House on the Prairie/Dr. Quinn:Medicine Woman.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited October 2019
    I've been suggesting a Dude Ranch type of vacation pack for a while now. It would be set in a desert area like Death Valley. Your sim goes on vacation to a Ghost Town and can do many thing based on a western theme.

Horseback Riding
    Your sim can go to the Not So Okay Corral and rent a horse. Any horse from a stallion (Hi Ho Silver) to an old nag that may move slow, but won't buck you off or leave you stranded and needing to walk back. Or any horse in between (you can also create your own in CAH: Create-A-Horse). At the stable, you can also take care of the horses (feeding, brushing, etc.) or learn to shoe a horse from the Smithy. You'll be able to explore the entire world on horseback, riding trails, the peaks and valleys or hit the corral (equestrian ring) for a few jumps.

The Cowboy Way
    Learn to walk the walk and talk the talk of a cowboy. Learn skills from experienced ranch hands like how to dance with a lariat or rope a steer (well, horns on a wooden box, but it's still takes skill) or take a ride on the mechanical bull.

Accommodations
    Choose where you'll spend your vacation, bunking with the ranch hands in the bunkhouse or sleeping under the stars "guarding" the cattle at night (you can hear them but where are they exactly located?) under the light of the moon while a coyote sings you to sleep (relax, I'm pretty sure it's just a coyote). If you're too much of a tenderfoot, you can hold up at the hotel in the ghost town (but I wouldn't bet on getting any sleep).

Grub
    When the tum tum starts to growl, head to the Chuck Wagon and see what Wishbone the cook has in store for you tonight. You can also try your luck roasting hotdogs at the campfire. The bar at the Lucky Lady Saloon in the ghost town also serves a few dishes, but it is a ghost town so the quality might be a little off.

Entertainment
    The ghost town has the usual places to visit like the Lucky Lady Saloon where your sim can get anything from a whisky to a sarsaprilla. Your sim might get caught up in a poker game but watch out for those varmints trying to cheat. The ghost of Nine Fingers Jones might show up to tickle the old ivories like he did way back when. Every so often, there will be a ghost gun fight in the streets (even late at night as ghosts can't tell time or care). Make sure to duck out of the way, their aim isn't that great anymore.

Campfire
    Every night, there's a campfire where guests and cowboys can hangout and tell stories, roast hotdogs and sing cowboy songs to the strumming of the ole guitar. There's nothing quite as relaxing as singing cowboy songs at night by the fire. Your sim will sleep like a baby, unless there's a gun fight outside your hotel room or something spooks the cattle and they stampede or the snoring of the other cowboys keeps you awake.

There's plenty of new western clothes to dress your sim in and build/buy stuff to recreate Death Valley back home on your lot.

• Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Horses are in the code, so I don't really see the need to request them. And when we do get them, it makes sense that we'll get a rural world to play them in.

Not to mention, between Get Famous and Strangerville, we've got plenty of Western CAS and Build/Buy objects, and downtown Strangerville is basically already a Western town, only modern.
    wJbomAo.png