Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to increase chances of twins/triplets?

I really want to get twins or triplets without cheats.

I've gotten twins once, but I used a cheat

I got three sets of twins on another household that was formed from the teen run away challenge, and sadly, that wasn't my main household

The thing is, both of my sims have the fertile trait and my female got the fertility massage.

Yet none of that did any good, I still only had one child.

The only thing that worked with this pregnancy was that I was able to influence the gender (listening to alternative and eating carrots to increase chances of boy)

So do any of you have any other tips than the fertility massage and fertile trait?
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    Ya know, I have only had twins once in a current household. However, I also go around the neighborhood and have Sims get preggers so my Sims kids will have friends and romances when they get older, but then I leave that house and go back to mine and it seems like they ALWAYS have twins if you're not currently playing them. So maybe get your current household preggers and then go play another one til the pregnancy is over and see if she has twins.

Or just freaking skip the middle man and go into Household management and make one from your kid when they age up. I've done that, but it was to delete a twin lol
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I think I heard watching the children's channel on TV helps? Can't remember. Maybe someone can confirm that. Other than what you said you've tried with the fertility traits and massage I'm not sure there is much else you can do.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited August 2015
    The Fertility Trait .. but it cost 3,000 Reward Points
    Fertile simply increases the chance of Twins and Triplets, if you're into the challenge that presents. It's helpful if you are after a family Aspiration, but is situational and depends entirely on your style of play how useful this trait can be.

Oh sorry I didn't see other than. I do know on Woohoo weekend I kept having twins with my roving romeo.. nearly all the girls had twins. He normally tried for baby two times in a row because.. well it was Woohoo Weekend. I don't know if it was some glitch they fixed or turned down though because for awhile a lot of people were complaining about twins.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    I think I heard watching the children's channel on TV helps? Can't remember. Maybe someone can confirm that. Other than what you said you've tried with the fertility traits and massage I'm not sure there is much else you can do.

I've too heard about this. I've also heard that Sims will get bored of the channel, though. I'll still try it out, thanks :)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    The Fertility Trait .. but it cost 3,000 Reward Points
    Fertile simply increases the chance of Twins and Triplets, if you're into the challenge that presents. It's helpful if you are after a family Aspiration, but is situational and depends entirely on your style of play how useful this trait can be.

Both of my sims already have the fertility trait. I may or may not have cheated to get those points..
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    The fertility trait, fertility herbal remedy, the fertility massage, kids channel, It's all I can remember.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    The fertility trait, fertility herbal remedy, the fertility massage, kids channel, It's all I can remember.

I didn't even know about the herbal remedy. I'll try that, unless it's too late to do it since she's already pregnant.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SimmerwithproblemsSimmerwithproblems Posts: 9 New Member
    There also is a lot trait called on Ley Line. It’s part of the city living pack and it increases your chance of twins.
  • Options
    TygerNightTygerNight Posts: 72 Member
    I find this interesting as I have had so many sets of twins in my games it's ridiculous. I do get the parents the fertility trait and usually the ley line lot trait and that's it. I'm trying for the triplets but I've had about 7 sets of twins instead. I've written down everybody's suggestions so maybe soon I can get those trips. I'm currently taking a break from kids, having just aged up and moved out 2 more sets of twins. XD
  • Options
    RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    There also is a lot trait called on Ley Line. It’s part of the city living pack and it increases your chance of twins.

Yeah, this is the best bet. I’ve used it and gotten every pregnancy as twins since I picked it as a lot trait.

• Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited September 2019
    Ley line lot trait plus the fertile reward got me three sets of twins in a row.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I got triplets with the fertility trait, Ley Line lot trait, and watching kids channel.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top