Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is a brand new spell caster in a brand new game save keep crashing? No mods

I already know of the bug where if you try to edit a spell caster while they are in a duel the game will crash. But why is my game crashing when I am trying to create a brand new spell caster in a brand new game save? Also, where can I go to post this to where someone from EA will see this? Before any ask, I have taken out all mods, and don't play with cc, so I know that's not the problem.

Comments

• Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Are they doing the popping the mote thing? You said duel but that's an in game interaction not what I'd refer to the mote conjuring idling in CAS
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I don't know, but I'll keep an eye out for that the next time. Thank you for mentioning this.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I don't know, but I'll keep an eye out for that the next time. Thank you for mentioning this.

As far as I know the only bug crashing CAS with mages at least is exiting mid conjuring and popping the mote. It happens every 20 seconds by my calculating the LS
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'm just going to take a guess here..... Game crashes (IMO) occur for a couple major reasons.

..... Corrupt game files (coding gets interupted)
    ..... Insufficient memory (game lags, freezes, crashes)
    ..... Game Server (Origin issue)

With that in mind, I have to ask about your game saves. How many saves do you currently have that your game also has to remember upon load up. Could your game be crashing because of maybe a memory issue?
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    @muzickmage I only have 6 save files. If I get any more than that I most likely forget what was going on in them, and usually delete them. But WolfNate is correct about the conjuring and popping of the mote. This is something that EA did not fix before releasing this pack to the public. From what I understand they are aware of this problem, and most likely will be releasing an emergency patch here pretty soon, they have from the past when something like this happens. The only reason I originally brought up this was I was thinking that the problem was when spell casters were doing their thing in live play, completely missed the part that was going on in CAS. I can be a bit slow at times. lol
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    muzickmage I only have 6 save files. If I get any more than that I most likely forget what was going on in them, and usually delete them. But WolfNate is correct about the conjuring and popping of the mote. This is something that EA did not fix before releasing this pack to the public. From what I understand they are aware of this problem, and most likely will be releasing an emergency patch here pretty soon, they have from the past when something like this happens. The only reason I originally brought up this was I was thinking that the problem was when spell casters were doing their thing in live play, completely missed the part that was going on in CAS. I can be a bit slow at times. lol

You think your slow? Haha you should meet me lol I'm slower then you I bet ;)
  • Options
    muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    edited September 2019
    Since installing ROM, my game is experiencing a lot of lag. My sims sometimes freeze for 20-30 seconds between interactions. If I save game while in such a freeze, the game seems to reset itself and continue on as normal until the next lag.

It's a tad bit annoying so i'm looking forward to the fix patch as well to see what EA fixes.

ETA: I have a really big house on a 64/64 lot with 5 sims so... i'm probably contributing to the problem a bit.