Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do first potion samples always fail?

I was finally discovering the potion that freezes your age (re-something, can't remember). I chugged it down and it backfired miserably. My sim had 35 days left until aging up, suddenly she was one day away from her birthday. Yay! Naturally I didn't think about saving first, since she got all those powers saying potions will always succeed, blah blah blah. I thought it was a glitch or coincidence, but then I remembered it happened then I drank the first sample of the one that restores all needs. I hope this isn't the case, finding ingredients for that stuff will be a total pain, but I wanna know so I don't waste time reloading the game and trying over and over again for no purpose.

Comments

• Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    50/50 chance
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    50/50 chance

Ah, good. Thanks, I'll be sure to save the game next time my sim discovers it. :smile:
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Stutum wrote: »
    50/50 chance

Ah, good. Thanks, I'll be sure to save the game next time my sim discovers it. :smile:

There might be the possibility if you drink a potion it fails you reload it'll still register as a failure permanently thus you'd need to make a new one.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    Stutum wrote: »
    50/50 chance

There might be the possibility if you drink a potion it fails you reload it'll still register as a failure permanently thus you'd need to make a new one.

Oof, didn't like that. Well if so, I'm gonna stick to the youth potions from the aspiration reward shop, it requires too many weird ingredients that are hard to come by. If I'm lucky I'll stumble upon them by chance.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited September 2019
    Some other future ways to handle it (I'm a wimp so I went with this). Learn repairio and copypasto. Repair your potions (upgrades to excellent quality) then copy them before even trying them out. There are also perks that help. It might make everything too easy though depending on how you feel about that.
    I'm promising myself I won't be so careful next time through..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Some other future ways to handle it (I'm a wimp so I went with this). Learn repairio and copypasto. Repair your potions (upgrades to excellent quality) then copy them before even trying them out. There are also perks that help. It might make everything too easy though depending on how you feel about that.
    I'm promising myself I won't be so careful next time through..

Thanks! Easy does it for me, so I'll definitely try that next time my sim discovers it. Just like I'm not a builder I'm not a collector either, I don't have the patience to look for all the weird stuff you need to make those potions. xD
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I saved daily too... Ooof.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I saved daily too... Ooof.

I wish I did too, preferably after it was discovered. Now who knows when she'll discover it again, since it's all random.