Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could Create-A-World be Coming to The Sims 4?

I was browsing my Twitter feed and saw that Pixelade had posted this tweet:

Of course, I was intrigued. So I went to TwistedMexi's twitter page and saw this.

So, what do you think? Could CAW be coming to The Sims 4?
funny-gifs20.gif

Comments

• Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I don’t see anything.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2019
    A Create-A-World feature not implemented by the game developers themselves would without a doubt be with riddled with bugs, glitches, and limitations and I for one want no parts of it.

I’ll be excited if/when such a feature is patched into the game officially though.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    I don’t see anything.

The second gif is pretty dark, just wait a bit (that's what I had to do)
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    That looked like create a forest :|
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    That gif is just placing objects on terrain. It's not creating a new world by any means.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Ah, Pixelade. One of the most click-baitey Game Changers around.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    the level of UI work not to mention the coding and stuff to make such a thing, i doubt it.
  • Options
    VieraRedMageVieraRedMage Posts: 42 Member
    Isn't that gif just something TwistedMexi's T.O.O.L (Take Objects Off Lot) mod can already do, though? I could've sworn it allows you to place plants off lot too, or at least theoretically could be able to in a future version. He did update the mod for the Realm Of Magic patch around the same day as that tweet & I could've sworn the updated version had new features...
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    I would love something like a CaW, but that gif kinda looks more like a rendering error than anything.
    It would be cool if this is real
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    A Create-A-World feature not implemented by the game developers themselves would without a doubt be with riddled with bugs, glitches, and limitations
    So no different than what the devs would make
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited September 2019
    Well, he has already created a mod called T.O.O.L which allows you to place any objects (trees, cars from buydebug etc.) outside the lot. Maybe he has found a way to expand that mod so you can actually build outside the lot.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    As hopeful as I am, I don’t want to get too hyped until we see some actual gameplay. I do agree with others in that a mod is always going to be limited in what it can do compared to an official tool.
    Would still be nice to have custom worlds in whatever capacity, though!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    A Create-A-World feature not implemented by the game developers themselves would without a doubt be with riddled with bugs, glitches, and limitations and I for one want no parts of it.
    Glitches bugs and limitations sounds like the game put out by the game developers.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    There will never be anything like TS3's CAW tool though. The hype when it was launched ten years ago was unbelievable! Such a great community to be part of and I am still pleased to see some of the best world builders are still around
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg