Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First time i've seen this happen.....

muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
Maybe this is something many of you simmers have seen before, but it's a first time for me. My sim is drinking water with her meal.

I told my sim to eat by clicking on the hunger tab in the needs menu. My sim went to the fridge and grabbed a plate of food, and placed it on the table. She went back to the fridge and grabbed a glass of water, and placed the glass beside her plate of food, sat down, and started eating her food, and drinking her water with her meal. (alternating back and forth from plate of food and the glass of water)

I've never seen a sim drink something with their meal before. All I did was tell her that first time to eat, and she completed the rest of the transactions on her own from that single instruction.

Is this a common thing that I somehow haven't seen till now? lol.

Comments

• Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    This is something they first introduced when the game came out. It’s the multitasking sims are allowed to do this generation. It’s very convenient haha
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Idk how you missed it until now lol it’s one of my favorite things
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Pretty cool huh? Since I play with autonomy off on my played sim I usually have to task them to do both to see it.. maybe it's because of the way you play that you haven't seen it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    In my game, it doesn't happen often so when I see it, it always strikes me as awesome. So glad this was included but yes, as some others have said, its been in since base game. Lovely detail though. :)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Never knew it was possible :s
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    I'm used to the multitasking thing. But out of the thousands of times i've had them eat, I've just never seen them combine those two particular ideas together before. lol.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    @muzickmage its rare in my game. Most of the time, to get it to happen I have to tell them to drink, then tell them to eat and they will do both but I've only seen it a handful of times since base game years ago.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited September 2019
    I had it happen before. It is a base game feature since launch. Though it usually only happens if I give them a drink before they sit down to eat as they usually get drinks separately on their own. They would even use the bar on their own but they don't usually do it just before sitting down to a meal.

What surprised me though was after one of my married sims cut their wedding cake, she smashed it in her husband face randomly. Only happened once and she wasn't in a playful mood or anything. I wished I could of took a picture or filmed it; but didn't expect it to happen. Some things are really rare.
  • Options
    lol, the cake thing would have been fun to watch lol.
  • Options
    MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    edited September 2019
    It can be a bit of a task to get them to eat and drink together but I do it quite often. I love pairing their meal with the perfect drink. It's a thing I'm weirdly fond of irl. Lol
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    you can even drink with glass in both hands.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I've never seen it happen.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Oddly enough I just saw it happen a few days ago for maybe the first time in my game, outside of restaurants.