Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 crashing! Please help!

I reached out to EA after losing a total of 5 hours due to the game crashing while saving. I am furious at this point. After spending nearly 400 dollars on this game and playing for 2 years all they could do is send me a list of things to trouble shoot. 3 of these options involved deleting saved data from over 2 years! No way! I did the other things they suggested but I refuse to delete my save data. Does anybody have any suggestions? I'm at the point where if it crashes one more time I will do what EA said, delete all my saved data, and never play again. Can anyone please help?

Comments

• Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Do you have mods and CC? Are they updated? Do any of the mods or packages conflict with each other? Is your computer meeting the system requirements? Do you have a flash drive or an external drive to put your saves on to?
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Gamer12Gamer12 Posts: 126 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    Do you have mods and CC? Are they updated? Do any of the mods or packages conflict with each other? Is your computer meeting the system requirements? Do you have a flash drive or an external drive to put your saves on to?

I dont have any mods right now! Also, I am currently playing on xbox one but everything is updated! I dont get it. I read somewhere on the forums some others are experiencing it too, but does not look like everyone.
  • Options
    RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member

This is console discussion. We don't use mods, CC, or anything except PC bugs.
  • Options
    Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    Gamer12 wrote: »

I dont have any mods right now! Also, I am currently playing on xbox one but everything is updated! I dont get it. I read somewhere on the forums some others are experiencing it too, but does not look like everyone.

Try putting your saver on a hardrive/flash drive and then delete them on your game to see if it's a bug in your saved game and of not then you can get your hard drive and still have your saves I had this problem and deleted my saves it was a nightmare
  • Options
    Gamer12Gamer12 Posts: 126 Member
    Gamer12 wrote: »

Try putting your saver on a hardrive/flash drive and then delete them on your game to see if it's a bug in your saved game and of not then you can get your hard drive and still have your saves I had this problem and deleted my saves it was a nightmare

I will try it. So frustrating! Thank you for the tip!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,400 Member
    edited August 2019
    Deleted.
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I've noticed lately that when my Sim uses the phone to travel somewhere, the spinning logo appears on-screen and after a while before it gets to the World Map, the game crashes. Last night, my Sim Janet used the phone to travel but before it got to the World Map, it crashed. My Sim Mei went to travel somewhere using her phone but before it got the Map, it crashed.

I remember with a patch quite some time ago, the game never crashed once but after the next patch, the crashing was back. Please fix this.

Dad reckons that because there's no other game like Sims, and there's no competition, the publishes have no intention of fixing the issues.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    Please report your crashes at the link. That's so SimGuruNick,SimGuruArvin and SimGuruJoystick can see them.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/bd-p/the-sims-4-technical-issues-consoles-en
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Also, you'd expect developers wanting their games to always run at peak efficiency yet who releases a patch that basically says "The more you have going on, the slower your game will be and the more problems you will have"?
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    Also, you'd expect developers wanting their games to always run at peak efficiency yet who releases a patch that basically says "The more you have going on, the slower your game will be and the more problems you will have"?

They recently updated Python. It was supposed to have been less bugs.