Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it me or them?

Why can't I edit my own sims in CAS? I created a Sim in CAS and started with her outfits. I didn't have a chance to do aspiration and traits when I had to sign off really quick. So I gave her random traits and aspiration, saved her to finish later. When I went to go edit her, I could not change the traits or aspiration. I thought this was only an issue when I download sims from the gallery, but my OWN sims? It's annoying.

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    You can though? I'm confused.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    It seems you've answered your own question :p
  • Options
    whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    If you type in the cheat in map view by opening the menu (ctrl+shift+c) "testingcheats on" and hit enter and then type "cas.fulleditmode" and hit enter and exit the cheat menu, then reenter CAS, you should be able to edit the traits. If not, I'm not sure how to help, sorry.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    One you save them you are finished and will have to use cheats. If I have to exit quickly I replace them with the ones automatically saved to my library then make the changes so I won't have to put in a cheat code.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    whimreaper wrote: »
    If you type in the cheat in map view by opening the menu (ctrl+shift+c) "testingcheats on" and hit enter and then type "cas.fulleditmode" and hit enter and exit the cheat menu, then reenter CAS, you should be able to edit the traits. If not, I'm not sure how to help, sorry.

This is what I do. I make liberal use of this with my sims, NPCs and townies.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I haven't done it in a long time, but if memory serves, all you need to do is click on a dresser with the active Sim and choose, 'Change Sim.' You'll be taken immediately to CAS and be able to change everything without using a cheat at all. Hope that helps! :)
  • Options
    FrieaFriea Posts: 54 Member
    IF you want to edit any traits with your sim you will have to input cheats to do so. Its rather harmless but it just depends if you care about that kind of thing ya know?
    fT4P3EZ.jpg
    ♥ Learn to Love Yourself
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,456 Member
    @aaronrulz: I found that you need to actually PLAY the sim first if it's either a new sim or one you haven't played in awhile. So just play that sim for a little while, 5 minutes should be enough iirc, then you should be able to go in to CAS and make the changes you want.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    What I always do is simply save the sim in question to my library, and NOT put them in game. The next time, I open CAS, new family and then replace with the sim I previously saved to my library and continue creating/editing that sim.
    As soon as you put a sim in game, you will need cheats to edit them. And some traits don't get removed properly that way.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,727 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    Why can't I edit my own sims in CAS? I created a Sim in CAS and started with her outfits. I didn't have a chance to do aspiration and traits when I had to sign off really quick. So I gave her random traits and aspiration, saved her to finish later. When I went to go edit her, I could not change the traits or aspiration. I thought this was only an issue when I download sims from the gallery, but my OWN sims? It's annoying.

Did you use the cas.fulleditmode cheat? If you did and it gave you the can't edit a played Sim, take that sim and upload them to your Library. Then download them back into your desired household. You should be able to edit them using the cheat. I had to do this recently and it worked. Hope this helps. Good luck!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,109 Member
    Thanks all. I do know about the cas.fulleditmode cheat and I will use that. I didn't put them in-game yet as they are my family for Realm of Magic so I wanted to have them mostly created and then adjust some of their traits, aspiration and maybe a few outfits when ROM is released. It just doesn't make sense to me overall. I created the Sim, I should be able to edit their traits simply without a cheat code. anyway, thanks all! :)
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,411 Member
    To "put them in the game" simply means clicking the check button at the bottom right corner. It's save and play or something like that and you can't edit traits after it. That's why many suggested saving the sim to your library instead and getting them right form there (for a cheat free option). I hope you got it working one way or another :)
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,109 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    To "put them in the game" simply means clicking the check button at the bottom right corner. It's save and play or something like that and you can't edit traits after it. That's why many suggested saving the sim to your library instead and getting them right form there (for a cheat free option). I hope you got it working one way or another :)

I did thank you! My gripe was more about why simple things are sometimes harder than they need to be in this game. :) I feel I should easily have the ability to edit my own sims that I create without having to go through hurdles of playing them first and putting in cheat codes just to change a couple of traits. That's all
  • Options
    GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    If what you did was save the sims to your library, and you've never placed them into a game world, then you should be able to edit them in CAS. I've done it multiple times in the past few days.

To be clear: You created a family, and you saved them to the library, correct? When you tried to edit them again, you did it in full edit mode, i.e. by starting a new game or by choosing to create a new family to place in an existing save. Then you loaded the sims from your library. The sims you're trying to edit have never been placed in a game world, and you aren't trying to edit them by entering CAS by clicking on a sim in-game. If that is all true but you still can't edit traits, then it must be a bug.
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde