Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What was you like when you first started playing the Sims4?

ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
Exactly what the title says! Was you pretty confused, or what?
ZjzmtTb.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    The biggest adjustment for me was looking for the wall settings in the right corner. I was used to everything being clustered in that left corner. It also took me ENTIRELY too long to figure out how to look at my Sims' motives, relationships, etc. That first night I was just going by my Sims' emotions, using the distressed moodlets to guide me.
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    This might be long.

When I started, I had a family of three. Vivian Vance, the mother. Claire, the teen daughter and a male toddler who I can’t remember the name of so let’s just call him Ian. I made two mistakes right away. One, having a toddler in my first family (They are annoying). Second, moving to Newcrest where I had to make my own house. Me having no idea what to do, got super mad when I had to keep buying more and more things for Ian to get his needs up, PLUS stuff for the mom and daughter. Not to mention I had little money. The house had two walls with a bit of the things I needed. They was ALWAYS needing something. Then guess what? We had a fire. Burnt some things ofc. Claire ran straight out meanwhile Vivian had to grab Ian and run outside. None of them wanted to extinguish it. Had to get Vivian to put down Ian, so she could extinguish it and also trying to get him to stay outside.

To say the least, after maybe an hour playing, I was super stressed and mad at that game. I hated it. I exited out, in an attempt to make a new family. In CAS, the thing kept on spinning and it wouldn’t go off, so I got even more mad. Quit for around two months till I gave it another try and now I play it a lot.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    I made two teen sims in cas as roommates and moved them to willow creek into one of those cheap houses. I gave each of them a part time job and they had school so they were actually busy. I didn't renovate the house, I just added one bed xD. I let it play. There was romance going on, and since I was completely overwhelmed with their needs I didn't manage to get them happy. So one day sim girl is at work and sim boy, who is exhausted by now, tries to cook. A fire breaks out. Suddenly alarm. And I'm sitting there confused as heck waiting for the firemen to arrive (I even tried calling them but couldn't find an entry XD) None showed up, obviously, but sim girl came home from work just in time to witness this fire. She runs inside watches him die, the flames spread onto her and she dies. All of that happened in an hour and I had to rage quit for two hours xD before I jumped back in and tried again (with a new sim because I had no idea the gallery is a thing or automatically saves your sim...)

Yes, I didn't know there were no firemen and just thought they took too long (because for some reason I believed this world is huge). Yes, I also didn't know you could extinguish a fire by yourself.
    And yes I find it particularly funny how my first contact with the sims 4 was me needing the firemen when it's something that still hasn't been added even though everyone's begging for them to come back. It's a little like proving a point ^^
  • Options
    TamsenSkier10TamsenSkier10 Posts: 30 Member
    edited January 2021
    ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
    Post edited by TamsenSkier10 on
  • Options
    Not_HumanoidNot_Humanoid Posts: 39 Member
    I played for a bit and was like 'Eh, I mean??'

I started off with a mum and dad and twin sons.

Lived in crick cabana with like NOTHING

left because I couldn't get them a job (dumb me)

Decided to play a teen.

LOVED IT AND PLAYED IT FOREVER

+ Cats and Dogs happened