Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't complete Military At Home Assignment

I'm at Conspiracy Squelcher for Covert Operator and the work at home assignment asks me to find evidence in the lab. I already played through the story and it won't let me search through the evidence. Not sure how to complete it. I tried searching the archives in the library and planting a listening device on a sim and listening but it doesn't count.

Comments

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Spikefan74 wrote: »
    I'm at Conspiracy Squelcher for Covert Operator and the work at home assignment asks me to find evidence in the lab. I already played through the story and it won't let me search through the evidence. Not sure how to complete it. I tried searching the archives in the library and planting a listening device on a sim and listening but it doesn't count.

Haven’t tried that branch. Have you taken a look at maybe Carl’s Sims 4 site or something like that?
  • Options
    Spikefan74Spikefan74 Posts: 219 Member
    Posted there too, thanks. :)
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited March 2019
    Taking your question a little farther - Does that mean if you play a Sim in that branch of the Military career in another world, they need to travel to Strangerville to complete it? Is that branch tied specifically to Strangerville?

I'll definitely be watching this thread. Please come back and post if you get an answer elsewhere.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    there are a few daily tasks that can send your sim to strangerville, yes. not all of them do and you can skip the ones that ask you to (at a small hit to productivity, of course)
  • Options
    dctf344dctf344 Posts: 21 Member
    Did you search the computers at the lab? I did that branch and was able to use the computers after I completed the story, if the computer is broke you'll need handiness 9 to repair them.
    GHNQUEs.png
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I'm having a similar problem I think--I haven't completed the mystery yet, but I think I already found all the "evidence." I tried taking photos of plants as well as scanning for and collecting spores, but that doesn't seem to register.

I also got the task "file report," but I can't find any option for that on the computer? I checked everywhere I could think of, and there is NO "file report" option. Is that a bug, or do I need a specific computer to get that option?

I also haven't been able to request a keycard from a computer, even tho my sim is level 8 military :-/
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    edited June 2019
    Kind of weird that you have to do that bit of the story to succeed in that branch of the career 😒 but I guess that makes sense.
  • Options
    OphiuchuserRulesOphiuchuserRules Posts: 93 Member
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    I also got the task "file report," but I can't find any option for that on the computer? I checked everywhere I could think of, and there is NO "file report" option. Is that a bug, or do I need a specific computer to get that option?

"File report" can be done when you click "write report" under the "write" category in any computer.

I've completed two branches of military career, I wanted to tell you guys that the titles of daily tasks from military don't really mean what they literally are. For example: "Plan 10 Moves Ahead" sounds like doing something serious when it comes to strangerville events, but it actually means to play chess for 2 hours.