Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Living and Vacationing in any world?

I know there are a couple mods to allow you to live in Granite Falls (tho Ive heard they are buggy) but I think the games should be updated where you can live in or vacation to any world you want. As long as there is at least one lot in the world that is typed as "Rental" you should be able to vacation there. (This would allow you to vacation to Sulani or Windenburg for example). I think a big appeal to the sims is the freedom to play the game as you want and being locked out of what I think are two of most beautiful worlds from the sims is a real shame. What If I want to play as a native in Selvadorada or as a hermit who lives in Granite falls? I dont have that option unless i want to vacation there and keep extending my stay which is kind of annoying.

This way the base game could be updated to have the 'rental' lot type in a patch and even if you dont have JA or OR you can still have your sims take vacations in other worlds.

Comments

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Hmmm... I might just buy JA or OR after all if this happens...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    I hope this will be patched in sometimes, also the feature of purchasing a vacation house (or just another residential property) should be coming with that. By this way we'll have a complete renting system where the rental will be paid to the rightful owner.
  • Options
    IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    Simetery wrote: »
    What If I want to play as a native in Selvadorada or as a hermit who lives in Granite falls? I dont have that option unless i want to vacation there and keep extending my stay which is kind of annoying.

Totally agree! Kinda OT, but I recently started a save for the upcoming Realm of Magic with a herbalist hermit who will gain magical powers in the future, and it's such a pity that I can't have her living in Granite Falls. Not to mention that Selvadorada is, in my opinion, one of the prettiest S4 worlds we have, and it comes with great BB items that don't really fit in other worlds. I personally don't feel motivated to build in Selvadorada, if I can't have my Sims live there :/ I hope we'll get more customization options in the future!
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    They should have done this before Island Living came out. Hopefully it'll happen at some point in the future.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I would love to be able to live in a vacation world! It‘s a shame that those nice worlds go to waste
    a256aFi.gif