Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My launcher wont open

It keeps saying that it cannot connect and that there was an error that makes my computer have to close it down.

This happened after I tried updating to the current patch :S it happened yesterday so I thought maybe today it would be fixed, but no.

I can't play my game when I can't press play, and I kinda don't want to either. Whatever happened has probably screwed around my game.

What am I supposed to do?

Comments

• Options
    Buddy_ClydeBuddy_Clyde Posts: 85 New Member
    edited December 2009
    me too. withdrawl symptoms are painful. help...
  • Options
    SimGuru_BGY_11SimGuru_BGY_11 Posts: 7,508 SimGuru (retired)
    edited December 2009
    Hey folks,

We are aware of the issues with the 1.8 patch, and they are being looked into. As soon as I have more information regarding this issue, or a solution, I'll be posting it here in the forums.

I realize this is frustrating for everyone, so thanks for your patience while we work on this for you.

-Big Guy-
  • Options
    swtnsxyfemme4uswtnsxyfemme4u Posts: 4
    edited December 2009
    Can't Play my game Launcher has stopped working. Help please...........
  • Options
    HidekoFujiwaraHidekoFujiwara Posts: 7 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Hey Guys,

Here's a tip to help you get back in the game.

1 - open the start menu
    2 - click search.
    3 - click all files and folders
    4 - search for ts3.exe

once that is done double click on the folder and it will start your game without going through the launcher

Much Love
    Hideko
    xxx
  • Options
    pandazilla834pandazilla834 Posts: 46 New Member
    edited January 2010
    I had some thing happen to me.I had to clean my cd to make it work again.So check your cd for fingerpaints or scratches.
  • Options
    pandazilla834pandazilla834 Posts: 46 New Member
    edited January 2010
    It work for only three days than stop working.I hate the ea download manager :twisted: it won't work.
  • Options
    awesomebritJulyawesomebritJuly Posts: 4
    edited February 2010
    Same is happening w/ me... this was a waste of $50!!! How do they sell games like this, when they don't even know how to fix these errors?! TO EVERYONE THAT WANTS THE SIMS 3, DON'T BUY IT BECAUSE IT HAS TOO MANY ERRORS, AND IT WILL WASTE UR TIME!!! >=O :evil: :thumbdown:
  • Options
    Kely2000Kely2000 Posts: 9
    edited February 2010
    I am also having this experience........and its so fustrating!! i hope they fix it really really soon!!
  • Options
    Nane96Nane96 Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    I have Sims 3 for about 2 years now.I have installed it to 3 different computers now.When i want to launch it the launcher seas that there is a problem and that the launcher stopped working. Is there a problem in my computer or is it he game?And how do i fix it !? :cry: :!: :?: :roll:
    :shock: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :cry::cry::cry::( :thumbdown: