Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just exploring Sulani

I'm late to the party but finally had chance to explore Sulani and replace lots. Couple questions:

What did you guys do with the Admiral Wreckage lot?

Its annoying not every lot of the same size fits. Sometimes i download a house onto a lot and I have floating water skiiers and stuff.

Does anyone have a restaurant in Sulani? what lot did you put it on?

What other community lots did you put in Sulani? I don't need too many residential lots.

Comments

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I typically move sims into the Admiral's wreckage and totally redo it. Or get a build from the gallery, if I can find one that is not a waterfront property. I haven't seen anything floating, though. Was that on the Wreckage lot? Maybe the downloaded build was a waterfront...could explain it.

I only have two community lots in Sulani. I've kept the beach and the bar in Ohan'ali Town. The rest is residential. Many of my saves, including the current one, don't even have any restaurants at all. :#
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I left the shipwreck topside there, then made a nautical night club out of the basement.. below that I made a second basement that was a nautical themed place to vacation. On top next to the wreck, I added a cannon and death scene from get famous and the pond with koi, I also added some picnic benches and B-B-Q pit, the children’s park boat and toddler slide...... on the other side a meditation stool, and closer to the water a couple of portable lounge chairs and beach towels. And then I added a couple of spotlights to the front.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I am thinking of a restaurant in Sulani too . I did see one on a waterfront lot, a speed build. Do hashtag #restaurant and #Sulani,
  • Options
    SummerStreakSummerStreak Posts: 119 Member
    I actually just renovated Admiral's Wreckage for the same reason lol. Couldn't find anything big enough that didn't need piers over the water to fit the aesthetic of it all. I ended up keeping the top of it mostly the same, just adding some camping props and the GF boat prop. Originally I downloaded someone else's hostel-type build but ended up completely re-doing the interior. I'm actually pretty proud of this lot now ashdgaha
    I'm using it to house 8 random single townies that I'd like to have a home without wasting another lot xP
    zCUde3I.png
    RmbO3i4.png

Couple more pictures here if you're interested!

I put TheSimSupply's Boat Hole Cafe on Reef Finery and edited it to be a restaurant instead.
    HMwjTTv.png
    CYgeQcU.png

I replaced the Sand Simoleon Beach with LilSimsie's Serenity Spa, you have to move around a couple things to make it work with the water there but it ends up fitting pretty well. Aside from that, I replaced the Sand Bar and Ohan'ali Beach with renovated versions, but otherwise left them alone. Everything else is residential. I put a couple more houses like Admiral's Wreckage (fit for 6-8 random single townies) on some of the bigger lots.
    (also phew this ended up being longer than I meant it to be orz)

oLwpriB.png
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I turned Admiral's Wreckage into a park as a kind of home base for sims who don't live in Sulani, but want to visit on day trips. I put a restaurant I found on the gallery at Reef Finery. I turned the bar into a nightclub since the first time I went there it was "knight" night and a I wanted a DJ. I still have the two beaches, but am considering replacing the one in Ohan'ali Town, not sure with what yet though.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    My sim sold all his restaurants in other worlds, moved to Sulani and built a restaurant on Lagoon Look. It's small, with an open air kitchen and 4? tables on the beach.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I left it the same, I need that kind of thing in my game.

Its annoying not every lot of the same size fits. Sometimes i download a house onto a lot and I have floating water skiiers and stuff.
    I recommend searching for the lots original name to get what you want. For example, if you're placing something on the lot Key Point, search for "Key Point".

I did not, but I also don't have Dine Out.

What other community lots did you put in Sulani? I don't need too many residential lots.
    I changed the bar to a Karaoke Bar, I added a gym, and I added a library.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I left the shipwreck topside there, then made a nautical night club out of the basement.. below that I made a second basement that was a nautical themed place to vacation. On top next to the wreck, I added a cannon and death scene from get famous and the pond with koi, I also added some picnic benches and B-B-Q pit, the children’s park boat and toddler slide...... on the other side a meditation stool, and closer to the water a couple of portable lounge chairs and beach towels. And then I added a couple of spotlights to the front.

Now, that sounds like a place my Sims would love to visit. Really cool idea.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    edited August 2019

I recommend searching for the lots original name to get what you want. For example, if you're placing something on the lot Key Point, search for "Key Point".

I thought of this but when I download and then bulldoze something, the name of the gallery download is on there, not the original. Even when it's now empty. How do I see EA's original names so I can search?

(it's annoying I can't separate my comment from Nerdfashion's quote on here. Not sure why)
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I'm late to the party but finally had chance to explore Sulani and replace lots. Couple questions:

I haven't altered Sulani much. I fixed up the beachfront starter in Ohan'ali Town to have amenities and a garden for my Sims, but otherwise left that neighborhood as-is.

The Admiral's Wreckage on Mua Pel'am I did makeover completely. I took the wrecked steamer and junk piles away, and deleted the basement residence.

Then, on the site, I built a traditional terrace and meeting house or mara'e, using all the Sulanese BB assets, and added a restroom hut, roasting pit, picnic tables and so on, and designated it as a National Park, to honor both the Island Spirits (Lot Trait) and the conservancy work that restored the ecology of the island.

It's on my Gallery as "Mara'e Tiki Mana".

I haven't added a restaurant - I don't have Dine Out - or other community lots. I am working on a grand residence for the seaside lot in Lani St. Taz, but haven't gotten it finalized yet.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited April 2020
    Lovely park, Sindocat :) I'll be sure to use it!
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

I thought of this but when I download and then bulldoze something, the name of the gallery download is on there, not the original. Even when it's now empty. How do I see EA's original names so I can search?

(it's annoying I can't separate my comment from Nerdfashion's quote on here. Not sure why)

you can check original names in this guides. https://simsvip.com/sims-4-expansion-pack-guides/
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member

Nothing.

No. I didn't even know that fact.

I don't. First, Sulani has several food stalls. Second, I already had a vegetarian restaurant in Newcrest where mermaid and mermen go.

None. The citizens of Sulani use the community lots of other worlds as well as those randomly added to Sulani. I made some changes to the community lots of Sulani, though.
    11_04_10.png

• Options
    beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    I took the Admiral's Wreckage as my home, and I gutted out and expanded the basement to make it comfortable for my four mermaids. Topside is mostly a garden that's in constant flux as I keep experimenting to get that perfect garden I'm sure I'll never achieve.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I made Baby Ariel into mermaid Ariel thanks to a lovely poster on these forums for the idea and I fully plan to have her move in the boat wreckage when I eventually play her character.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited April 2020
    I made the pretty island in the upper-left all residential. The larger town area has a beach bar and restaurant over water. I made the lot across from the shipwreck into a fancy “campground” with tents, fire pits, and outdoor games. Still thinking of an idea I love for the shipwreck! There’s some great ideas in here.
  • Options
    HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    edited April 2020
    Got rid of it and made a small hostel or small hotel.

Haven't this problem yet.

I put it where the bar is. Don't remember the name.

An internet cafe/landromat since most places in Sulani have no power . You can find it here
  • Options
    beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    Here's a tip for all who have Island Living. The expansion adds an item called "Sulani Volcanic BBQ Searer" which is basically a pit used to cook foods, but it has several unique qualities. Most of the food options are only available in the pit. These recipes can not be learned as some other recipes can, and some may be unavailable until you reach a high enough cooking and/or gourmet skill level. The foods themselves are great, but you can only use it to prepare large meals, so it's a waste in typical situations. It also takes a long time to complete the meals for eating, so if you do decide to use it for a large gathering, you should start the gathering with starting the cooking. Thankfully, the sim doing the cooking is free to do whatever they want until the food is ready, and it can be left in the pit for quite a while (I've accidentally left a meal in the pit for a day and it was perfectly fine, so it might last forever until taken out of the pit to consume, but I've not tested this yet).

Now, here's where it get's weird. The quality of the food created from the pit is dependent upon the sim's skill (some recipes require cooking and some require gourmet) and the type of lot the pit is placed in. I've only tested it on two types, residential and park, and here's the results...
    Residential: Always poor or normal (level 10 in both cooking and gourmet)
    Park: Always normal to excellent
    So, keep this in mind when using the pit; if the best you can cook is normal, it's probably because of the lot type you have it on.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    What did I do with Admiral's Wreckage? Well, I went into detail in another post, but to sum it up:

Renamed it "Admiral 8Q's Wreckage".
    FQ4wkm3.png

Completely off the grid.
    cNbkNGT.png

Chased down a mermaid, (Or did she chase and tease 8Q)
    Anyways... Some kissie-wissie romance stuff...
    2caTuFi.png

Ended up with some baebeys... :D
    TeIlZJ3.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png