Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

These neighbors just won't leave (photo)

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
My sim started out in the city, but as soon as she got a chance to move she did because her neighbors were loud all the time. But she decided to move completely out of the city to the tropical islands of Sulani. But before she did she asked her boyfriend if he wanted to come with her. But after moving into her new home, she had the neighbors come to welcome her to the neighborhood. But after it was supposed to be over they didn't leave.

67770537_1326457040837921_7003653859344121856_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQkf0egsKWUz9qYRfBouspZn9xAAsJzQvEPbex1YGenR8dL33-NX0R1QhEUieHSWCkRl70MufEcqOuNBqxHejFmk&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=b850108da5fd4a27feba126d6f2cab95&oe=5DA9D0CE

There was no option to ask them to leave, and they ended up spending the night, and acting like this was their home. After my sim went to work, her boyfriend got the bright idea of going to the beach and bringing them along with him. That worked, until a few hours later, when they showed back up claiming that they had food...liars. They didn't have any food, and now they have made themselves at home again. In case you don't know who the guy is, it is this guy, and his wife.

250?cb=20190622084534250?cb=20190622084647

I'm not quite sure what to do with that couple at the moment.

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes it's aggravating. They ignore it when you tell them goodbye and this happens in generic lots as well.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Didn't you bring... Fireworks from the city?!
  • Options
    shokoroseshokorose Posts: 66 Member
    In hear ya! There’s a fine line between being friendly and casual, and being totally intrusive. The longest I’ve had an unwanted visitor is 3 days. He just wouldn’t take a hint and leave. And there was no option to ask him to leave. >.<
  • Options
    butterfli0515butterfli0515 Posts: 17 Member
    I traveled to another lot and disbanded the group. that was the only way I got rid of them But it was really annoying
  • Options
    zokliozoklio Posts: 40 Member
    I can't even count how many times I use the "make sim leave" interaction on MC Command Center from the moment I move to Sulani. Island Living takes "friendly neighbor" to a whole another level
  • Options
    CeltianaCeltiana Posts: 13 New Member
    I hate it when they do that, I lure them into an outhouse and let them starve (a bit drastic maybe)
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I traveled to another lot and disbanded the group. that was the only way I got rid of them But it was really annoying

I do this travel and then come back home. I get stuck in these loops especially when Christmas present opening takes last longer than the party I am throwing.
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    Well, you can explore the fun of having That Kind of Neighbor(and they do really exist), or I'm willing to bet you can go into Manage Worlds and just make them homeless so they no longer qualify as neighbors, or just delete them from that save. Don't need to pull out the MCCC hammer on them.

Something to remember with events like Welcome Wagon and Island Living's bringing food event(I forget what it is called), you can just click on the timer for the event to stop it. With Welcome Wagon that does cause a decrease in friendship, as neighbors don't like being shooed away when they are being neighborly(and obsessive), but it is hardly a big bump that you can make up for later easily.
    Cancelling the Bringing Food event doesn't cause an issue other than a plate of food being left on the curb, as I've done it more than once while playing a vampire on Sulani. "No thanks, I'm already full."
  • Options
    HoneyAuraHoneyAura Posts: 12 New Member
    Whoa I've never heard of this. Is this a bug?
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited August 2019
    hmm...never happend to me yet, but I usually give my residential lots the "private dwelling" trait because I can not stand uninvited visitors.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat