Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game slow or out-of-sync.

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
I’m experiencing what might be some minor(?) technical difficulty with my game.
I’m not sure if it may be related specifically to the historical, haunted unit in the Culpepper Apartments or something else.
Anyway, the game seems to get out of sync with itself. Sims no longer respond to commands in a timely manner. The Clock and Needs kinda jump around a bit erratically. Ultra speed for sleep no longer works properly. It’s like the animations are taking too long, making the game slow down compared to itself? Does that even make sense?
Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Working theory is there is a problem with the specific unit as I’ve had this happen in at least two different saves, ages apart in real time; but both in that same lot. My system is not the flashiest, but much of the rest of the game works fine.

Ideas or even just commiseration appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    The Ultra speed thing has been in the game since forever. It's def not your system.

Sims no longer respond to commands in a timely manner: Like they just stand there for a bit and then do the action? Or do they actually just pause and just not move and you'd have to reset them, cuz the latter's happened to me. It stinks. :\

Not too sure about the needs jumping erratically. Could you elaborate?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Have you tried to go off-line via Origin?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Trying a delete the local cache thingy/file and a repair game. Then I will try offline @GalacticGal

@DeKay To your first question; it’s the former. She’ll continue to ‘sit’ at the computer for some time (with the clock running) before slowly getting up and then going for the leftovers I asked her to get from the fridge. I’ve not had to reset Sims; luckily.

Regarding the needs, when attempting to speed up time (for example, while sleeping), the clock jumps around. Then, when the Sim gets up; they have only half a bar of Energy need, despite having been in the bed for many hours {like from 10pm to 7am or some such}. I even seem to be getting a lesser version of this during normal speed. I used to find it very hard with my doctor, who would get to work at the hospital tired, even though he had slept.

If it may be at all relevant; it could be worth noting I use MCCC and Meaningful Stories. These are lower on my list of likely causes (of game losing sync) because it seems to be related to Sims in one specific lot.
  • Options
    Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    I had this happen to me when I got seasons pack then upgraded my laptop and now everything seems to work fine.
  • Options
    Kinda glad it’s not just me I guess @Tan80. Unfortunately upgrading (getting a new) laptop is probably not on the financial cards right now.
    Were your Sims living in the same apartment perhaps; or was it somewhere else?
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    The speed thing was definitely a big problem specifically in San Myshuno but I thought they fixed it? Do you experience this in other apartments too or only that one unit?
  • Options
    I guess I seem to have the most problems (speed etc) with this unit @Chazzzy.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    Trying a delete the local cache thingy/file and a repair game. Then I will try offline
    To your first question; it’s the former. She’ll continue to ‘sit’ at the computer for some time (with the clock running) before slowly getting up and then going for the leftovers I asked her to get from the fridge. I’ve not had to reset Sims; luckily.

Regarding the needs, when attempting to speed up time (for example, while sleeping), the clock jumps around. Then, when the Sim gets up; they have only half a bar of Energy need, despite having been in the bed for many hours {like from 10pm to 7am or some such}. I even seem to be getting a lesser version of this during normal speed. I used to find it very hard with my doctor, who would get to work at the hospital tired, even though he had slept.

If it may be at all relevant; it could be worth noting I use MCCC and Meaningful Stories. These are lower on my list of likely causes (of game losing sync) because it seems to be related to Sims in one specific lot.

I'm not having these problems so much, so it could be the unit that's glitchy.

Perhaps you could get your sim to move somewhere else first. You could always do a 'save as' too to just test it out.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I will give it some consideration as/if it reoccurs @DeKay. For right now, deleting the cache and the repair game seem to have things much more as they should be. :)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Have you tried doing a "save as" recently? Saves are known to sometimes get corrupted, particularly if it's one that's been played for a long time. Sometimes doing a "save as" can help refresh a save.

Also, if you have a lot of stuff in your Sims' inventories, that can cause issues, and if your library has a lot of Sims and lots in it, you could try taking your tray folder out and putting it aside until you need it because that can cause strange issues as well.

Playing off-line can help lag sometimes, and definitely try deleting the localthumbcache file.

Good luck to you. :)

#Team Occult
  • Options
    Cheers @LiELF. That does offer some more practical avenues to try that I hadn’t thought of.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I had a ton of lag in an experimental save. My Sim had nothing in her inventory, it was a brand-new save, a small lot and a house with only the basic amenities. It backed up against a fishing spot in Willow Creek, however, so I'm thinking it was the fish animation and the townies attracted to it that caused the lag.

I've noticed that lots next to playgrounds get a lot of lag, and in general, it mostly occurs during the day. (I haven't had the time-jumping problem for a while - they did a fix for that, and for me, it seems to be working. In general, if I'm on ultra speed because my Sims are asleep or at work or school, it works fine, but if I go to ultra speed while they're doing something boring, like writing a book, sometimes the speed drops all the way down to normal. If I go to normal speed and back to ultra, it'll speed up a bit (but not to real ultra speed), but it slows down again.

No mods or cc, and I regularly delete the localthumbcache and swathes of townies (leaving a handful for NPC roles). My main save does have loads of stuff in the household inventory and treasure chest, but I've experienced the problem with new saves, as well, so I don't think inventories are the problem. Townies show up walking or whatever they do no matter how often I delete them, and since they're mostly out and about during the day, I think that's the problem - it's not my lot or my Sims, it's the townies.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    Interesting @invisiblgirl There is the big community courtyard thing with the basketball hoop and monkey bars. I wonder in this lot is the closest and therefore the most affected in the Culpepper apartments.