Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whyyy would Sims remove buff cheats!?

Is there anyway I can get them back???

Comments

• Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited July 2019
    I could be wrong, but my understanding is that the buff cheats were removed in a patch along with a number of other cheats as using them can corrupt your game beyond repair. There is a mod that unlocks them, but I'm not sure how safe this is so I won't recommend it. I prefer to use in game options to get my sims in the right mood e.g. decor/paintings, bath with scented candles, tea etc. I understand the frustration though as those cheats were very handy, particularly for my vampire with Day Phobia!
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    You can either use UI cheats extension to right click the buffs away, or twistedmexi mod to enable the removed cheats again. I use it, never had a problem until now.
  • Options
    StuStuieStuStuie Posts: 455 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    You can either use UI cheats extension to right click the buffs away, or twistedmexi mod to enable the removed cheats again. I use it, never had a problem until now.

Thank you!!! I just need it for filming stuff so this really helps!
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Can't you shift click on the sim to bring up the cheats pie menu and use the emotion intensity option? Or am I thinking of something totally different?
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Wut... Sometimes I need buff cheats cuz the game glitches out and won't remove the buff at all whether you quit the game or not... tho, that rarely happens.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    latenellatenel Posts: 41 Member
    I second UI cheats extension. It helps so much in specific gameplays, and is generally updated within a day or two of a new pack/patch on weerbesu's Patreon page. You can just right click on the buff and it vanishes.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I'm not sure about without, but MCCC let's you do that