Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moodlet Timer Bug?

Hi. So, I think there may be a problem with my Sims' moodlet timers. When a motive is low enough to bring a negative moodlet, and they start to fill that motive, the timer will actually count up. The moodlet will still go away, but the time remaining for that moodlet will become longer. Is this common? Fixable?
Be safe.

Comments

• Options
    KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    This is actually normal, the moodlets are counting down until motive failure, so filling them increases the timer :) and then when the timer is over the max time for that moodlet, it goes away (like if the low sleep moodlet increases above 3 hours, the negative moodlet will be replaced with the neutral one.)
  • Options
    RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    I don't think I've ever seen that. In my experience the timer always counted down as the motive became less urgent, before the moodlet went away.
    Be safe.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    It depends on the moodlet. Some of them are conditions unto themselves on mood (such as Exhausted, -40 or whatever) and will persist for shorter and shorter amounts of time as conditions improve, but some of them are countdowns until something happens (0 current impact on mood). It's the second kind where the timer will increase until they no longer display because the "warning" condition no longer applies.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net