Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get the old menu look with this mod.

For anyone who wants to change that GODAWFUL menu we have now...

https://simsvip.com/2019/07/19/get-your-old-game-menu-back-with-the-clean-ui-mod/

>-> THANK GOD FOR MODS!

Comments

• Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Happy Days are here again. ;)
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited July 2019
    OMG :o

Seriously, people have used a mod to get back the old menu back.

in the menu page for like 5 seconds, this wouldn't be needed for me.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    That's...great? I guess I just find this kind of irrelevant. For all the things I would choose a mod for, the menu isn't one of them, lol. I barely looked at it before, I certainly won't notice it much now. I think a lot of people are just resistant to change. Nothing wrong with that, mind you, I just don't see the purpose.
    #Team Occult
  • Options

@LiEFL It has nothing to do with the menu as I could careless what characters they have or change them to because never noticed. Change is apart of life--while some may find that challenging I do not. The bright blue oversaturated color is having an effect on me, so yes, I'm happy this mod is out because it reverts it back to the original colors. My eyes give a big thank you to the modder who took the time to create this.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Thanks for posting.
    I don't care much for the start up screen but I want the old icons again as they are easier to recognise.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @LiEFL It has nothing to do with the menu as I could careless what characters they have or change them to because never noticed. Change is apart of life--while some may find that challenging I do not. The bright blue oversaturated color is having an effect on me, so yes, I'm happy this mod is out because it reverts it back to the original colors. My eyes give a big thank you to the modder who took the time to create this.

@Hearts4u a lot of people have similar issues with the color, and EA is changing it from the bright blue to a darker (less saturated) blue with next months patch. Here's the link to SimGuruFrost's tweet with an example of the new color. Maybe it will help your eyes? https://twitter.com/SimGuruFrost/status/1151571246066200576

edit: added link
    Post edited by Starfree on
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Starfree wrote: »

@Hearts4u a lot of people have similar issues with the color, and EA is changing it from the bright blue to a darker (less saturated) blue with next months patch. Here's the link to SimGuruFrost's tweet with an example of the new color. Maybe it will help your eyes? https://twitter.com/SimGuruFrost/status/1151571246066200576

edit: added link

I think it's ridiculous they are waiting till the August patch...they should do an emergency patch but what do I know...
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Ew. Go back to the bland white? No thanks.

This is good for people with light sensitivity issues though.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    edited July 2019
    I think the word menu is at fault for the misunderstanding going on, on this thread. Some of us interpret the word menu as the list of interactions a Sim can perform, yet you're not speaking of that at all, from the look of it, but rather the introduction page, itself. The backdrop that runs in the loading screen. I'm sure there is a word for it, I just don't know what to call it. But, I understand. When the game itself was released the background screen was whiter than white, as in glaring. That hurt many of us as it was harsh on the eyes and furthered any eye-strain from staring at a screen for more than a moment will give. EA heard us and softened the look by giving us those blue-gray plumbobs and a very light tint of blue overall, so that it wasn't glaring. I'm not finding this new screen so offensive, but I did have a very hard time with the white-glare. So, I do appreciate where you're coming from on this issue. I'm also glad to learn, via this thread, that EA has another patch in the works to fix this for those who are troubled/hurt by it. Kudos to them.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    @starfreee
    Thanks at starfree, as I did see that. I've been gaming for years on my PC and have never had any issues. Played the Sims 4 since 2015 and all was well and good until this. I don't have any eye issues. So, I'm happy a modder developed this so that I can look at the loading, main and in between lodding screens again without any challenges. Simmers have options and choices.

I like this quote from an article I read on UX Design which states "Oversaturated hues will strain the eyes of your users. Pairing colors improperly can even ruin a great design and make the experience less enjoyable for your audience." That is just some of the things that Designers consider when redesigning products for consumers.

https://simsvip.com/2019/07/19/get-your-old-game-menu-back-with-the-clean-ui-mod/
    1zlesf7.jpg
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I own all of the packs but I wish I could go back to a menu that doesnt display the collection.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Let me just say, I KNOW people like the new menu, this is for people who are having issues with the new one or just don't like it. YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE IT....but I will say, it is amazing that modders rush putting us first rushing out a mod that the official team waits until August to do....
  • Options
    Let me just say, I KNOW people like the new menu, this is for people who are having issues with the new one or just don't like it. YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE IT....but I will say, it is amazing that modders rush putting us first rushing out a mod that the official team waits until August to do....

@KaeChan2089 Totally agree. Don't understand why some don't get that. Different strokes for different folks.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member

@KaeChan2089 Totally agree. Don't understand why some don't get that. Different strokes for different folks.
    Agreed. Some people like the new page. For others, like myself, it's an absolute eyesore. I much prefer the "bland white", as someone else put it, because it's not saturated and it's not cluttered.

Bless the modders!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited July 2019
    @starfreee
    Thanks at starfree, as I did see that. I've been gaming for years on my PC and have never had any issues. Played the Sims 4 since 2015 and all was well and good until this. I don't have any eye issues. So, I'm happy a modder developed this so that I can look at the loading, main and in between lodding screens again without any challenges. Simmers have options and choices.

I like this quote from an article I read on UX Design which states "Oversaturated hues will strain the eyes of your users. Pairing colors improperly can even ruin a great design and make the experience less enjoyable for your audience." That is just some of the things that Designers consider when redesigning products for consumers.

1zlesf7.jpg
    BINGO! A graphic designer is supposed to make the appearance pleasing to the eye, no matter how little time the player will spend on that particular page. It's still the first thing players will see, and for some players, an eyesore design will turn them away.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif