Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a mod that does this and works?

Is there currently a mod that allows you to purchase ingredients? I want to be able to purchase ingredients for baking rather than having to garden them. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I use this mod by Graycurse at MTS, which allows you to shop for ingredients from refrigerators. It does quite a lot more than just that, though, so it may be more intrusive than you want in your game. But I think it's really fun, and it adds a lot of challenge to the cooking system. He also updates pretty quickly after patches, which is important when it comes to mods.
  • Options
    shanls96shanls96 Posts: 321 Member
    @pixiejuice what else does this mod do? Just I don’t reallt want it changing too much really just the point that it would allow me to buy ingredients :)
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    here's one that you don't need any ingredients. Don't know how you feel about tsr..but here is the link if you want it.
    https://thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-mods/title/no-ingredients-required-v2/id/1324826/
  • Options
    greeneyedsims1greeneyedsims1 Posts: 18 Member
    edited July 2019
    Here's the mod I use, and I've never been more happy with a purchase ingredients mod. You gotta have Get To Work.

This one puts all the baking recipes in the baking category and takes 'em out of the Cook category. And you can buy groceries by computer or by cellphone. You can even use the GTW cash registers to shop from and make your own grocery store.

Another thing, the ingredients come packed (more than one) and you have to unpack them. They look great as useable decor objects on the counter, too. The only thing that is slightly different than what I'm used to, is you just keep all your grocery ingredients in your inventory and they get used whenever you cook.

One new update to this is you can buy a Manager's Special, where you can find grocery items to buy in bundles. It's a super cool mod that I can't play without now.

Srsly's Complete Cooking Overhaul
  • Options
    shanls96shanls96 Posts: 321 Member
    @greeneyedsims1 so with this mod if I downloaded it do I always NEED to purchase ingredients if I want to cook something?

I like the idea of the mod especially for baking but I would personally like to sometimes be able to just cook something without having to shop for ingredients even if it costs the sim extra money.
  • Options
    greeneyedsims1greeneyedsims1 Posts: 18 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hey @shanls96 sorry, just checked back on this thread. No you don't always need to buy ingredients. Some of the ingredients come packaged with more than one item; like bread is a loaf of 6; eggs come with 6. The shopping menu is detailed. It tells you how much the ingredient contains. You can plan out your shopping for the week or more. Look at the Cook menu's recipes, then shop for what you want. Veggies/fruits, you would have to buy more than 1 of. The price is so normal, tho..so it's not expensive to shop.