Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help ! Sim cannot survey Ocean wildlife

Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
My sim has tried numerous time to survey ocean wildlife in Mau Pel'am without achieving her goal. She even surveyed the ocean floor , took pictures and tried going to a different island. Nothing seems to work to fullfill my sims job requirment. She is not a mermaid , she is a level 8 marine biologist.
What am I missing ? Am I just doing something wrong or is it broken ?
Laugh out loud. Often
Post edited by Frn0731 on

Comments

• Options
    Painterroy58Painterroy58 Posts: 136 Member
    I'm having the same problem, does it for hours, but task never gets marked as completed
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    any time I've had to survey something for a task something has to be discovered for that survey to count. There will be a pop up. I'm on the conservationist side at the moment. so I would assume it works the same both ways
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    It only works with turtles for me. Find them swimming near the shallow water buoy, and if you hover over one, cursor changes and you have the option to survey there.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    It's badly explained. If you survey ocean wildlife from buoy all you do is help clean up the island.
    In order for this specific task to count you must find clickable wildlife in the ocean, which basically only means turtles and sometimes small schools of small silvery fishes (NOT the fishing spot schools).
    You supposedly can survey corals but I have never found a clickable one.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Thankyou , My sim has been swimming around that buoy for days and never got anywhere. But finally she did reach level 10 despite never being able to complete that task.
    Now thanks to you , I know what my sim was doing wrong and if it should ever come up again I will know what to do.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    Thankyou , My sim has been swimming around that buoy for days and never got anywhere. But finally she did reach level 10 despite never being able to complete that task.
    Now thanks to you , I know what my sim was doing wrong and if it should ever come up again I will know what to do.

I have found that my sims are better at finding clickable stuff than I am.
    If you swim over a coral reef but NOT close to a buoy and just... leave the sim threading water in nowhere, suddenly you see him or her surveying ocean wildlife, because the sim has just found something to do, basically.
  • Options
    Karin_ChanKarin_Chan Posts: 1 New Member
    Could anyone explain what all the clickable ocean wildlife objects are besides turtles? My sims is a marine biologist but I haven’t gotten the island cleaned up enough to have sea turtles , I’ve been trying my best by scaring seagulls surveying and spraying invasive species and picking up trash but I’m tired of my poor sims job performance going down because she can’t survey ocean wildlife I’ve tried making her just swim over coral reefs as well and she just swims .
  • Options
    simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    @Karin_Chan look for the fish swimming and jumping out of the ocean - zoom in close - some will be clickable
  • Options
    That interaction is a PITA. It doesn't help that there's an option at some buoys that says "survey ocean" or something like that, that is not a valid interaction for the job.
    You have to basically pixel hunt: Zoom out a bit, look straight down into the ocean and pause the game. Then just either look for turtles (you said you had none) or clickable fish. Either the ones jumping, or schools of silver fish under the water.
  • Options
    simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    @Beardedgeek true - not valid for the job - can't figure this one out