Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod for more realistic ghosts?

SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
I'm not a fan of how ghosts work in the game. They're essentially still living sims, because they'll still call your sims and invite them to hang out and you'll see them show up at clubs and stuff. It just takes away the realism for me. Especially if a family member of my sim's household dies, it doesn't even make a difference because their ghost will still show up places and call you. Like, ya'll are supposed to be DEAD??

I'd prefer them to be how they worked in previous games where once a sim dies, they only show up in ghost form at night time when their tombstone is on the lot, so they'll only haunt the lot that they are buried on.

I guess basically I was wondering if there is any mod that stops ghosts from calling you/showing up on community lots?

Comments

• Options
    MaglxisbackMaglxisback Posts: 250 Member
    Yes I'd like to have a mod that fixes this problem as well
  • Options
    ForkySporkyForkySporky Posts: 91 Member
    I agree with this so much. How exactly are they paying that phone bill?
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    I don't mind getting calls from them or having ghosts show up in public places, but I never understood why they have needs. They're dead, they shouldn't need to use the bathroom, eat, sleep, bathe, etc. The only ones that really make sense are the fun and social needs, but the rest seem unnecessary.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I agree. I like the ghosts from Sims2 far better than any ghosts created in Sims3 and sadly, now in Sims4. Ghosts should be scary, at least to our Sims. I know were I to see something ethereal I'd jump right out of my skin. Suffice it to say I wouldn't be complacent. I'd freak out! LOL Ghosts are now like Casper, the Friendly Ghost. They should be able to frighten a Sim to death — especially if they're needs are down. So, you lose a Sim. At worst, you just grab a copy of them from your library and start again.

If somebody is dead, they're dead. The don't have needs. If they call you, or text you, call an Exorcist. LOL Or a Medium, or something. Ooh, now wouldn't that be fun? Have a career of Mediums who are essentially Ghost Busters to clear out a haunted house.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    edited July 2019
    SimsayCD wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of how ghosts work in the game. They're essentially still living sims, because they'll still call your sims and invite them to hang out and you'll see them show up at clubs and stuff. It just takes away the realism for me. Especially if a family member of my sim's household dies, it doesn't even make a difference because their ghost will still show up places and call you. Like, ya'll are supposed to be DEAD??

I'd prefer them to be how they worked in previous games where once a sim dies, they only show up in ghost form at night time when their tombstone is on the lot, so they'll only haunt the lot that they are buried on.

I guess basically I was wondering if there is any mod that stops ghosts from calling you/showing up on community lots?

I’m with you on this! Sims 2 ghosts were my favorite! Although you couldn’t play as them, I’d much rather them be spooky NPC’s that are terrifying at midnight

And sims 3 ghosts at least looked more like ghosts and were cooler

Sims 4 ghosts are lazy and just plain stupid, not to mention they constantly break things. All of a sudden a sim dies and their ghost rings you up to meet up at a party or to eat out.

Can we just go back to having spooky ghosts like a combination of sims 2 and sims 3?
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • Options
    Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    Gecko420 wrote: »
    SimsayCD wrote: »

I’m with you on this! Sims 2 ghosts were my favorite! Although you couldn’t play as them, I’d much rather them be spooky NPC’s that are terrifying at midnight

And sims 3 ghosts at least looked more like ghosts and were cooler

Sims 4 ghosts are lazy and just plain stupid, not to mention they constantly break things. All of a sudden a sim dies and their ghost rings you up to meet up at a party or to eat out.

Can we just go back to having spooky ghosts like a combination of sims 2 and sims 3?

t0j4i8.jpg