Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Must have IE?

I just went to upload some items to the exchange and my launcher says I have to login. Okay. When I went to log in, it says I need to updat my Internet Explorer. The reason I don't have IE up to date is because I use firefox.

I've tried clicking okay and closing the launcher and reopening it, to no avail. (That fixed one problem...it was all in spanish previously except the note about needing IE :roll: )

So does that mean if I refuse to use IE that I'm no longer allowed to upload things?

Not cool, EA. Not even a little.

Comments

• Options
    HARRYwasHEREHARRYwasHERE Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited December 2009
    The same thing happened to me, The launcher kept on coming up in random languages and not letting me login
  • Options
    mad729ifumad729ifu Posts: 329 New Member
    edited December 2009
    The same thing happened to me, The launcher kept on coming up in random languages and not letting me login

this used to happen to me too.

now, whenever i try to hit 'login' in the launcher, i get a script error. so, i can never log in.

could someone please tell me which .NET framework is required for the launcher to work? i forget.

alisox: you don't have to use IE as your default browser, however, the launcher still automatically does. so, i'm pretty sure you can update IE and still continue to use firefox.
  • Options
    LufferkinzLufferkinz Posts: 2,600 New Member
    edited December 2009
    It happened to me, too.

f9qbd1.jpg
  • Options
    CeitidhCeitidh Posts: 58 New Member
    edited December 2009
    It doesnt let me on with firefox either at the mo.
  • Options
    pentameterpentameter Posts: 655 Member
    edited December 2009
    Yeah. It's pretty disappointing. I never use IE and now I'm being forced to. -.-
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited December 2009
    You would think that EA would have set the launcher to work with more than just IE, since so many people don't use it anymore.
  • Options
    NighteyesNighteyes Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited December 2009
    I knew I'd find at least one other person with this problem. I have IE 8 but by far I prefer Firefox. I'm crossing my fingers that EA is aware of the problem and working on it.

Alisox, I like your signature font. Can you tell me what it is and where I might get it?
  • Options
    bethekinsbethekins Posts: 1,607 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I dunno.. If they're going to force us to use IE I'm not going to bother putting my sims and such up here anymore, I'll just post them on MTS or something and then advertise them here.
  • Options
    peaceloveharmonypeaceloveharmony Posts: 6,824 Member
    edited December 2009
    that's really dumb, you should be able to use firefox :/
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I hope they know about it and how annoyed some people are.

@ Nighteyes: It's actually a default font and I added the swirly things by hand in photoshop :]
  • Options
    Dougy150Dougy150 Posts: 294 New Member
    edited December 2009
    i think it was only a bug or something...
    it did that to me yesterday, but it stopped today.
    phew. because if this forum would have me choose between it and firefox, it would've lost the fight.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I hope it's a glitch for everyone elses' sakes, but I'm giving in and updating IE. I have some stuff I really wanna upload. :evil:
  • Options
    NighteyesNighteyes Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited December 2009
    Alisox wrote:
    I hope they know about it and how annoyed some people are.

@ Nighteyes: It's actually a default font and I added the swirly things by hand in photoshop :]

You did a nice job. It's very pretty. :)

My IE is up to date but that doesn't help me. I guess I'll just have to wait till another day to upload my Sim. Maybe it'll clear itself up for us like it did for Dougy.

I hate having to use IE for anything, but if I don't actually have to look at the browser I suppose it's ok.