Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Families

I wonder if we'll be in charge of what families spawn around town when we create our own worlds. I'm pretty sick of my young adult sims getting engaged to Agnes when I'm not paying attention to them.

Comments

• Options
    sootyowl143sootyowl143 Posts: 620 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I'm pretty sure you'll be in charge of populating your town so don't worry about Agnes popping up.
  • Options
    SheepehSheepeh Posts: 32 New Member
    edited December 2009
    IGN's preview said you will have to populate your own town completely so you don't have to add/create and Agnes if you don't want to ^^.

• Options
    SoggySoapSoggySoap Posts: 405 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Ohh. I don't like what I'm hearing with this. I'm lousy at making sims. I guess that's why we have the exchange though. :XD:
  • Options
    Roxas982859Roxas982859 Posts: 749 New Member
    edited December 2009
    yea ur gonna have to populate towns yourself and build their homes and all community lots
  • Options
    SuperGreySimSuperGreySim Posts: 331 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I planned for all that. What I am doing with my town is starting it out sort of small, with quite a few empty lots, and then over time I will really start to expand. I will use some precreated homes, I will take some homes from Riverview and Sunset Valley, and I will make some of my own and own community lots as well. Then, as time goes on, I will feel the need to build more in my town and I will be glad that I left so much space. Of course, there is the rabbit holes too, which will take up more than 10 lots of course. I am planning for about 70 lots or something, or maybe a little more. I am also planning on about 15-20 families to start with, which I will create in CAS tomorrow.
  • Options
    SagittaSagitta Posts: 78 New Member
    edited December 2009
    As far as I know, an unpopulated town will spawn random NPCs to flesh out the city if there isn't anyone already there. Also, if I'm reading things right, you'll still have the pizza boy/mailman/maids/cops/firemen/etc who would wind up having to be generated by the game since as far as I know you can't create them yourself.

Granted, I could be wrong on this but I wouldn't get your hopes up about ,making the town '100%' yours as far as who you see running around.
  • Options
    frillen7frillen7 Posts: 41 New Member
    edited December 2009
    So far there's still hope for my neighborhood with Don Juan and 100 women :mrgreen:

*He's on duracells*