Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My wishlist for the future Sims.

Hello. I am Simmer from the first generation. I played the original, TS2, TS3 and TS4. The Sims is my favourite game and I really enjoy playing it. However, I am finding myself easily bored when I am playing TS4. I love the new features, especially CAS, but I am still bored (even though I have all the packs, excluding Island Living). Now I made a list of features I will love to see in the future (TS5). It is not criticism of the series, but several ideas to make the game even better.

Create-A-Sim
Appearance]
- A simple color wheel, à la TS4CatsandDogs.
- A color “slider” for skin-colors, à la TS3
- An option to add more colors in one 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
- Body hair for males (and females?)
- More tattoo-options.
- Option to change the length of the hair (like a slider).
- Option to combine stubbles, beards, mustaches and sideburns, à la TS2.
- Option to layer clothing (underwear, undershirt, overshirt, coat etc.).
- A separate jewelry option (with rings, bracelets, necklaces, piercings).
- Nail polish for hands and feet.

Personality
- A combination between the points-system (TS, TS2) and traits (TS3, TS4).Points-system for general “traits”: neat-sloppy, active-lazy, serious-playful, nice-grouchy and shy-outgoing. Those points are generic/random, but you can earn personality points during childhood (à la TS4Parenthood). Traits for special “traits”: ex. work alcoholic, perfectionist, creative, genius etc.
Adding a mandatory weakness (à la TSMedieval).
- Option for food preferences: vegan, vegetarian, omnivore … maybe more?
- Only one life-aspiration which is very challenging. By completing your life aspiration, you can exchange your weakness trait for a legendary trait (that fits the aspiration, option to choose between three legendary traits).
- During this progress, you can earn “reward points”. With reward points you can buy special objects (à la TS2), ex. genie lamp or money tree.
- Hidden traits (à la TS4CatsandDogs), like an allergy of phobia.
- Add an option to write a bio for each Sim (TS, TS2… TS3).

Build/Buy
- A simple color wheel.
- Option to add multiple colors for one object (à la TS2).
- A diving board and slide for pools.
- A normal size microscope.
- An option to make ponds with terrain-tools.
- A standalone shower (à la TS2University).
- Bunk-beds.
- Different stairs, like ladders, spiral… etc. Also an option to add stair railing at one side.

Gameplay
Relations
- A chemistry-system (à la TS2Nightlife) with (online) dating.
- Make it harder to fall in love.
- Add more relationship types: step-family; family-in-law.
- One-side crushes (FRIENDZONE!)
- An option to have multiple “declared” BF.
- More consequences/options with cheating, more jealousy (à la TS2).
- Options for sexualities (gay, bi, pan, asexual…).
- More relationship options in CAS: boyfriend/girlfriend, fiancé(e), step-family.
Babies, toddlers
- Babies who are not objects. An option to put the baby out of their crib (à la TS2, TS3).
- Changing tables, washing your baby in a sink (à la TS2).
- Option to change clothing for babies.
- Baby chair with the option to feed the baby with baby food.
- More baby toys.
- An option to create baby/paddling pool for babies or toddlers (like a normal pool, but less deep) with mini slide etc….
Career
- Job interviews.
- Add a boss-relationship
- Base game fulltime careers: doctor – police – firefighter – teacher – lawyer – military – politician – criminal – chef – sportsmen (updated with Famous EP) – journalist – scientist – IT worker – astronaut – entertainer (updated with Famous EP) … more?
- Base game part-time careers: retail worker – postman – server – babysitter – delivery man – gardener – maid – repairman.
- Base game freelancer careers (work at home): painter – writer – photographer
- “Famous” careers (after Famous EP): model – actor/actress – musician – social media influencer. Those careers as certain levels and choices, à la TS4GetFamous. It is optionable to give performers (à la TS3Showtime).
- An option to “customize” your career by certain jobs: sportsmen (pick a sport), musician (pick an instrument), entertainer (pick a discipline, like a magician or an acrobat).
- A chance to see people working who are not NPC, like a postman, a chef (with “Restaurant”-pack) or in a retail. So, if your Sim is a firefighter, he or she will show up when there is a fire.
- An option to work in your own restaurant with a possibility for family members (after a “Restaurant”-pack).
- An option to pick a kind of retail (toy store, clothing store…).
- An option to have a retail at home (à la TS2).
- An option to work at home.
- You can see that your Sim is retired (à la TS2 and TS3).
- Volunteer jobs, for example, a librarian.
Residental/community lots
- Option to own a community lot (like a club, gym).
- Option to buy a second, third... etc. home.
- Option to have restaurants/bar/retail on a community lot which is not a restaurant/bar (and Sims will use the bar/restaurant/retail!).
- Option to have Apartments above community lots (with an “Apartment” pack).
- Option to build an apartment complex (à la TS2Apartments) with an “Apartment” pack.
- Residential caravans (and an option to build them!).
School/University
- Option to send your kids to a private school (à la TS2).
- Add tests/exams for high school students. Studying à la TS2University (through reading, computer, studying together). Test results influence your average.
- Add prom to high school students.
- Add school journeys (à la TS3).
- Add school clubs (a la TS3).
- Option to do a certain sport with a chance that you can be discovered as talent.
- Multiple universities with certain features: “Harvard/Yale/Oxford/Cambridge” (expense, but high-quality education and you will have better job - opportunities, special for jobs like lawyer, politician, journalist), Art School/Music School/Drama School (you need to do an audition or show art etc.), a tech university (special for technical jobs like scientist, IT worker, astronaut), a normal university.
- An option to have an internship during university, like work in a hospital for major medicine.
- Add dorms for students (à la TS2University) with shared kitchen/bathroom.
- Add studios for students (like apartments, but very small).
- Option to go to university and still live with your parents.
- Student societies with hazing and several positions (praeses, ab-actis etc.).
Skills
- An option to lock skills.
- A link between personality and skills. For example, a “good” Sim will be awful at a mischief skill. Or a lazy Sim will suck in the fitness skill.
- An option to take lessons in a certain skill (à la TS3).
Seasons and vacation
- Deep snow.
- Sun tanning and-burning in this pack.
- An option to stay at hotels, hostels or apartments in a vacation world.
- An option to camp with a tent, caravan or camper.
- Multiple vacation world with unique features (a vacation world can be added with a game pack, each pack with a vacation world has hotels, hostels etc.). In each vacation world you can learn a different skill (ex. you can learn diving in a “oceanic/tropical” world).
An option to do field trips.
A vacation world which is based on winter activities (à la ski vacation).
Pets and Supernatural
- Not only cats and dogs as pets, but also bunnies, hamsters, rats, birds, guinea pigs, turtles, snakes and other typical pets (no horses, because we are not on a farm).
- And more different animal cages.
- An option to participate in animal competitions.
- An option to throw sticks/frisbee/ball with your dogs.
- Dogs with small legs (ex. TS4’s chihuahua has very long legs for an actual chihuahua).
- More leashes for cats and dogs.
- A dog house and more beds for dogs and cats.
- Power system (à la TS4Vampires) for every supernatural (Alien, Vampire, Werewolf, Fairy, Mermaid, Wizard/Witch).
- An option to turn off supernatural Sims.
NPC/Service
- Base game service (phone): repairmen, firefighter (firefighter career), police (police career), gardener, maid, butler, delivery, postman, bartender (culinary career), caterer (culinary career), nanny, cashiers. If there not enough Sims to do these jobs, Townies will do it.
- Base game other: burglar (criminal career) … So if you have burglar on your lot, it is a Sim in the Criminal Career.
- NPC’s (these ones are actually NPC, so you not able to become, for example, a landlord): landlord, exterminators, social workers, carpool drivers, hotel employees (“vacation”-packs), locals (“vacation”-packs), adoption service, paparazzi (“famous”-pack), bouncers etc.
Other
- “Nobel” prizes for careers, like writer or scientist. But it is very hard to get them.
- Open world in an apartment complex and neighbourhood (with a maximum of 5/6 houses).
- An option to edit lifespan (à la TS3).
- Different kind of festivities: bachelor/bachelorette parties, funeral, extended wedding, graduation party, extended birthday party, baby shower (à la TS3Generations).
- More storytelling (à la TS2).
- No randomly generated townies, but townies like TS2. You have also an option to create townies.
- Cars and carpooling.

What do you guys think? :smiley:

Comments

• Options
    iNikkiBeariNikkiBear Posts: 25 Member
    Did you read my diary? No honestly, I completely agree with you. 95% of what you said is what I want. I REALLLY want University, and a Generations expansion.
  • Options
    LeelathesimLeelathesim Posts: 25 Member
    I don't know if we have ever had it and I know its probably hard for the animators but I would love having height options for teen/adult sims! i just think that would be amazing, to make it even more real.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Pretty cool!

I long away for them to introduce layered clothing in the main sims series. It was a feature on the PS2 edition of TS2 and it was pretty cool. TS2 Castaway Stories on the consoles also had hair growth.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sakuske1Sakuske1 Posts: 86 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Pretty cool!

I long away for them to introduce layered clothing in the main sims series. It was a feature on the PS2 edition of TS2 and it was pretty cool. TS2 Castaway Stories on the consoles also had hair growth.

Oh my goodness! I never knew I wanted hair growth until right now! (I never played Castaway Stories)... Can you imagine: Sims needing to go to the salon or barber for haircuts, suffering through horrible at-home haircuts, rebellious toddlers and children giving themselves "haircuts", guys needing to shave regularly lest they want to grow a big beard, a cosmetology career!
    Check out my Gallery with Origin ID: kkranich
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Definitely agreed on babies and personality.
  • Options
    SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    Yes to babies. also the family relationship status which could be an update unless Sims are thinking of doing a generations pack
  • Options
    MoaMoa Posts: 33 Member
    I really really want different stairs. I very rarely see the stairs we have in the game irl, we need some new ones!!
  • Options
    SylvanasSylvanas Posts: 40 New Member
    Personally, I'd really like to see Create-a-World back. TS4 was my first and only sims game (love the art style + gameplay) so it would be awesome to try it out.